1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in their belt holsters with the Tek-Lok system. Is it secure and stable enough on your belt for draws? I don't want anything that is going to flop and move with the gun when I draw..

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have a holster with the Tek-Lok, and like it a lot. It's very secure and stable. With a phillips screwdriver you can loosen and then slide a little plastic bar to adjust the Tek-Lok attachment to the width of your belt.

You'll like it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its very secure and stable, but I don't like them. The locking plate sticks up above the level of your pants. That means a long and sharp edge is resting right against your shirt. The shirt doesn't provide enough padding for your skin and it gets irritating quickly. I love Blade-Tech belt holsters, but only the standard loop version.

·
Super Moderator
13,839 Posts
Agreed with Cliffy. I prefer the standard belt loop models. The teklok also made the holster sticks out too far from the body, therefore making the holster less concealable.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Thanks for those notes.
I was considering getting a Tek-Lok with a different purpose (knife sheath), but was reluctant to do so because it looked bulky and therefore less easy to conceal under a cover garment, and I'm glad to read of others' experience confirming that impression.

·
Registered
79 Posts
+1 for their new sting ray system. I didn't really like the tec-lok system, it just didn't feel stable for me especially with a gun/light combo...Too much weight for that system to support...Replaced all of mine w/the sting ray!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.