1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any of these Kydex holsters? How do the finishes on your guns hold up in them compared to leather? I'm thinking of getting an IWB for both my 1911 and soon to get Glock. I'm thinking Bladetech and Sidearmor respectively. Thank
-Mustang

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Don't neglect to look at www.talontactical.com

Mike Benedict is a master class shooter and makes his holsters one at a time. He knows what works.

Kydex can be a little hard on weak/soft finishes. However, all holsters...regardless of material...are going to wear the pistol's finish.

Rosco

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have several Bladetech's and I love them. I couldn't be more pleased with the product. Unfortunately, I do not have any IWB holsters so I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use a IWB to carry a G26. No complaints at all.

I'll probably get a Blade Tech belt holster for my 1911 when it comes in.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Blade-Tech IWB for my Kimber Pro CDP. A little bit of the plastic tend to rub off on the slide, especially near the muzzle. It tends to wipe off pretty easily when I'm cleaning it after a range session. I haven't noticed any wear on the satin finish on the slide or the black coating on the frame as of yet.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Have several Blade-Tech holsters, and they are really all that I use; from Glock to high end 1911s. They are great holsters.

Sidearmor has really great detailing on their hoslters. They look and function great. Another great holster is G-Code, a new player in the kydex world, www.tacticalholsters.com.

Wear on firearms is not as bad as many want to make it out to be. Generally, the front of the slide-muzzle area and the front of the frame are the wear areas; much like leather does. Poorly maintained leather is harder on the finish than is kydex.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm very pleased with a kydex IWB made by Ky-Tac called the Braveheart. I've used leather before and was pleasantly surprised with how easily I can take this holster on and off, let alone how quickly I can get the Colt Compact drawn. I've noticed no wear on the gun, save for faint dark streaks when I first used. I got mine from Joe at www.skdtac.com.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have two, Blade Tech and Side Armor, tit for tat, but if I absolutely had to chosse, the Side Armor would be my choice.

Wilderness belts are great too.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats everyone for the replies. I think I'm going to get a Bladetech IWB for my 1911 and a Sidearmor for my Glock...when I get it

[This message has been edited by Mustang (edited 10-11-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Look at www.comp-tac.com for kydex iwb holsters for both 1911 and Glock. You needn't worry about the finish on the Glock, though the leading edges of the muzzle on the 1911 will show wear regardless of the material the holster is made from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts