1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one of these? I'm interested in whether it will work (since it has an adj. screw) for both a Springfield Armory 1911 fullsize and a Colt cmbt. cmdr. As you know, these have differences in sizes of the frame (dustcover) length and also the size or cut of the dustcover as well. Does anyone know of a IWB that can accomodate both of the above handguns?
Thanks for any suggestions,
EricO

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear Eric, You should have no problem carrying either gun in it. The only real difference in either gun is that one is longer than the other. The contours are the same and that is what the holster is molded to. I've no experience personally with the Blade-Tech but do have it with another maker's "one size fits all" IWB Kydex holster. Why not give it a try and if you're not happy all it will cost you is the return postage. Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
I shoot a Springfield and two Kimbers. I have a BladeTech "one size fits all" and it will adjust to fit both pistols. FYI, if you order a size specific holster made of Kydex (like a Mad Dog) make sure and specify which 1911 you have. There are more differences than just slide length when dealing with Springfields and other models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts