1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you tell the Blem guns from the regular guns? I know some companies mark the box or gun. What is DW doing if anything?

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take that to be a joke. Right?

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
No mark on the # under the grip Z?

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Most of the time unless you know where the Blem is you won't even know it is there.............

Clyde

·
Registered
385 Posts
My CBOB was a blem. The blemish was a shiny pin-head sized spot on the dust cover. Not sure if this was part of the "blem" but the frame stuck out past the grip safety about 1/32" when engaged and left a thin red line on the web of my hand while shooting. I re-contoured the GS and bead-blasted the whole gun for nice glowing stainless look.

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Thanks Z. I didn't know if they tried to make it not as noticeable. :)

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know a lot of dealers are selling Blems and not telling the customer. I also know they got them at a great deal. I wonder what happens if you send one back. Is it covered? You know DW has got to have a list of the numbers. I have seen on the net where some dealers admit they are blems and sell them 100-150 less than a regular one.

I know Weatherby marked their's with an X inside the receiver and you could not see it unless you removed the bolt.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
They used to be marked with the upside down Y deal at the end of the SN, but I think that has been discontinued.

As I understand it, the cosmetic part of the warranty is void for a Blem gun, while all other aspects of the warranty remain intact.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have seen a couple of Blems posted for sale. These had pics of the blems. The blems I saw looked like small casting voids on the SS frames.

IMO tiny defects in the coating (on a Valor or CCO) would not be a "blem" as they are in no way a fault in the actual metal.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I know a lot of dealers are selling Blems and not telling the customer.
I think a lot of us would like to know just what dealers you're talking about who are engaged in such activity.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it just depends on the "blem itself" Ive had some that are blems with no upside down Y but, are sold to dealers as blems. My understanding is it just depends on the severity of it. Like was said cast marks are sometimes so small they arent even noticed or blem guns that are so good but still need to be marked as such. My last batch of blems were really good but in turn I didnt get much of a discount and still couldnt sell them as non blems.

Me personally I hate the word blem, I always imagine a big huge gash, and to try and explain that its the size of a needle pin hole is hard.

Jason

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've also heard of some sellers selling blems as new guns. as mentioned above, most have the upside down Y marked near the serial number. Some don't though? Although it's not unheard of, I'm also not surprised that sellers try to sell blems as new guns. I was lucky to get mine from Kenny (I forgot his site), but he is the most honorable seller I've dealt with, he has a lot of DWs for sale too, the link is posted in another thread somewhere. Mine got shipped with only one mag, and he volunteered to buy another and send it to me for free. He also has some blems for good prices.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you his email and you can talk to him directly. Just be careful with who ya buy from!

·
Registered
371 Posts
my rz10 was sold as a blem, the only blemish i could find is a mar on the groves on the top of the slide. there is no Y on my gun, upside down or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I think it just depends on the "blem itself" Ive had some that are blems with no upside down Y but, are sold to dealers as blems. My understanding is it just depends on the severity of it. Like was said cast marks are sometimes so small they arent even noticed or blem guns that are so good but still need to be marked as such. My last batch of blems were really good but in turn I didnt get much of a discount and still couldnt sell them as non blems.

Me personally I hate the word blem, I always imagine a big huge gash, and to try and explain that its the size of a needle pin hole is hard.

Jason
I bought one of these blems from Jason , and if you don't know where it is, you won't ever notice it. :rock:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought one of these blems from Jason , and if you don't know where it is, you won't ever notice it. :rock:
Me too! The CCO is on it's way, and the pic I saw, it's just one of those things you go "ehh," and fork over the dough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts