1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone here owns a blued Executive or Kobra model and wouldn't mind commenting on the quality of the bluing job? I don't see alot of blued models, mostly SS here on this forum. If you have pics of your blued model and are able to post them that would also be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
watchluvr4ever said:
I was just wondering if anyone here owns a blued Executive or Kobra model and wouldn't mind commenting on the quality of the bluing job? I don't see alot of blued models, mostly SS here on this forum. If you have pics of your blued model and are able to post them that would also be appreciated.

I have a blued Executive Elite. The quality of the bluing is outstanding. Believe
me when I say that the previous posters pics don't do it justice.

But it does wear....

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It's no better or worse than the average bluing job and yes, mine too has the common plum-colored slide. I've carried mine just about every day since I purchased it in Jan. 2004, so it naturally has a fair amount of holster wear and have recently been mulling over my options regarding having it refinished.

See my post regarding this topic. ;)

·
Banned
7,483 Posts
Even my stainless steel pistol shows holster and firing wear. Just not as obvious as it'd be on a blued pistol. Finish is cosmetic anyway. Ever handle one of the instructor's pistols at places like Gunsite? Shocking! :p

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Here are a couple of shots of my blued KC. They are a few months old. The pistol has "aged" a little more since then but I don't have any updated pics.

You can see in both that my slide took on the plum color early but looks just fine to me. The finish is more worn now, especially after a long, humid Summer. In fact, it rusted slightly and I had to wipe it down each day that I carried it.

The third and forth photos with the ivory grips were taken when the pistol was fairly new. The slide is still a rich blue color.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
MARINEUS said:
0..........0 where did you get that serial number from? That is before production run or does that pistol start the production run? Man on man.
Lesson learned: Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

Regards,
Greyson

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.