1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I went to the range and got to try out my recently purchased Star BM 9mm SA autoloader. This is a Spanish made singlestack with the appearance and size of a Colt Commander but without the grip safety. Barrel length is 3 3/4". It was purchased at a recent gun show for $158 OTD. This included the pistol with matching serial numbers, two 8 round magazines and the original box with the serial # on it. The pistol is in very good mechanical shape but with a fair amount of holster wear.
I am extremely happy with this inexpensive little handgun. The trigger is very smooth and light and the let-off is very crisp. The trigger looks like a 1911 linear travel type but is actually the pivoting type and they obviously got it right. The safety is very positive and goes snic, snic when moved. I shot 100 rounds of mixed reloads and CCI Blazers and had no malfunctions. It was very accurate at the 7yds I was firing at with excellent POI/POA. Great pointability also with quick point shots landing COM and hitting the head. Almost all brass was ejected over my right shoulder with a few landing at my feet.
The single weak point is the rear sight slot which is too narrow and shallow but that is easily fixed. There is a magazine safety which takes about five minutes to remove by taking off one of the grip panels. I was also able to obtain a new firing pin and extractor from Numrich Arms so I think I'll be using this one for quite a while. Numrich also has wood and plastic replacement grip panels.
This is the same handgun highlighted in "Return of the STAR MODEL BM 9mm" by Gene Gangarosa, Jr. in the recent magazine Concealed Carry Handguns 2004.

·
Registered
297 Posts
BM?

I just wanted to see what was so special about taking a crap at the range!!:p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The BM stands for Ballistic Machine:D

I like this pistol more all the time. I originally bought it as a beater gun that I could leave in the car without worry about it rusting or being stolen. Now I think it is too good for that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's something stimulating about a range session that makes me want to take a BM! Firing off 200 rounds works wonders for constipation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts