1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BP Ten No Feed

Took the new poly-frame Kimber (full size) for a test drive this morning.

Wouldn't feed my D&J 200gr SWC's at 1.260 OAL.

Tried my Speer 230gr RN's at 1.245 OAL. Nope.

Tried my "R" 230gr plated RN's at 1.26, 1.20 and 1.235. Nope.

Tried Winchester 230gr FMJ at 1.20. Nope.

Looks like it runs the ball right smack into the gap between the (miserly, compared to my Custom II) ramp. The thing doesn't even look like it starts up the ramp. Like the mag follower doesn't come up high enough or something.

Tried these rounds in my Series 80 Colt, ate 'em all.
Tried 'em in my 1991, ate 'em all.
Custom II ate 'em all.................:(

I theenk I need to call Kimburrrrrrrrr.........and I talked this thing up! Whut a fool!!

(I'll keep y'all posted on response from Kimber. Meanwhile, bought a Para Ord mag...the mag release opening is just a leeeetle small but otherwise it's identical (go figure) ;) and I own this here Dremel and...

·
Registered
436 Posts
The 10 rounder that came with mine is a Meggar(unmarked). I bought the Meggar 10 rounders for a P14(cheap) and open the slot up and P14 Para high caps,did the same all run flawless. Kimber used to sell a mag release to use Para mags(shelf on catch moved down to meet mag slot) without altering mag for the Bul-5 frame guns.Anyway it does sound like you got a bad mag or by some off the wall chance the Para mag release.Does the mag base fit tight to frame?

·
Registered
222 Posts
stillwater,

i have my thread up as well, similar problems with my old Ultra Ten II...

let me know how you make out with Kimber on this.
i'm curious if the mags are junk or what...

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kimber Speaks

The reply from Kimber wuz:

Kevin,

Did you try any factory rounds with this pistol? If all the handloads were loaded on the same press, with the same sizing die, there may be an issue beyond OAL (diameter, headspace, etc.)

If quality 230 gr factory loads give the same problem, please contact the warranty department at 914-964-0771 x228.

Kimber Mfg., Inc.

Ok. So if my Custom II and my Colt Series 80 and my Springfield and my buddy's CQB all ate 'em all.....:confused:

Well, off to the store I go.

Kev.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts