1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
No

I think about the only way to make the conversion is to weld up the dovetail and have it milled for the Bo-Mar.

I have a Les Baer Custom Carry with the Novak sights and I don't like them. I wanted, like you, to have Bo-Mars installed. It was too expensive, in my opinion, to have it done.

There are several sights out there that make a sight to fit the Novak dove tail cut. Heinie and MMC are two that come to mind.

Good Luck, Buddy

·
Premium Member
11,645 Posts
saintarctangent said:
Can you easily convert a Novak rear sight cut to a Bo-mar?
Easily .... No. Nor a Bo-mar to a Novak. Too much metal removed from the "wrong" places for it to work.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you want the Bomar type sight picture, you can put a Heinie sight for a Novak dovetail in the Novak cut. It looks good and fits well.

·
Registered
21,988 Posts
And very reasonable at that, considering all you had to do.

I just don't get it.

I can see the sense of a low mounted Bomar adjustable (Does anybody here remember the Melted Micro that preceded the Buried Bomar?) but just cannot get along with the notion of a hundred bucks worth of milling on the back end of the slide for a proprietary fixed sight. There are ample sights that fit the GI dovetail which leaves you with some choice of future changes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
abnranger said:
If you want the Bomar type sight picture, you can put a Heinie sight for a Novak dovetail in the Novak cut. It looks good and fits well.
I went on Heinie's website but couldn't find a sight for Novak cut. Where can you get one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts