1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a PII and the rear blade was loose out of the box when I got it! I had heard stories of the Kimber sights and Baer sights breaking. If I kept the gun I was going to replace the sights with Bo-Mars. They should fit in the PII cut and they are tried and proven. They are perhaps the most durable adjustable sights on the market. My first Baer was an old Concept III that actually came with Bo-Mars that had a rounded edge rear blade. Bo-Mar offers these sights in all black and night sight versions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
ernieb said:
OOOPs!!!! I meant to reply to a thread and instead I posted a new one! Sorry!!!
Well, good grief ernie, what's gotten in to you!? Get it right would ya!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Administrator
13,319 Posts
Well as long as I'm here ...

... My PII has a Bomar on it . I bought it new in 1996 . I think it was 2-3 years later they started using their own sight . I also assume that the cut is the same .

·
Registered
86 Posts
My idea is: Les Baer get's his name "printed" on the original Bo-Mar sights. He buys the sights by the hundreds from Bo-Mar and they accepted the deal.
What do you think ??
I bought my PII 5 years ago and it came with Bo-Mar stamped sights. Now I replaced it with special ordered ones with a notch cut 1,5mm deep. It helps a lot centering your shots vertically. Now I notice much better when my front sight drops low.

Have fun,

tezet

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
tezet said:
My idea is: Les Baer get's his name "printed" on the original Bo-Mar sights. He buys the sights by the hundreds from Bo-Mar and they accepted the deal.
What do you think ??
I bought my PII 5 years ago and it came with Bo-Mar stamped sights. Now I replaced it with special ordered ones with a notch cut 1,5mm deep. It helps a lot centering your shots vertically. Now I notice much better when my front sight drops low.

Have fun,

tezet
Interesting theory, but I think Les has a sight made for him (a non BoMar). I have a PII and have had the hinge pin on the rear sight break twice. I never had this problem with a genuine BoMar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts