1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of helping the folks in MD get your guns on the approved list? Unlike other states, no ridiculous fees, except shipping a gun. No expiration date, once a model is on the list, it will be there unless they change the laws. (This law dates to 1984, so it is stable.)

The only issue is that a fired case is needed. Since you most likely test fire every gun, that shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
As an ex-Md'r, I'd forgot all about the dreaded "gun approval list". Good luck. Hope they get approved soon. Tracy

·
Registered
322 Posts
We are currently working on getting a couple of pistols to Maryland. In fact someone from this forum is helping with that and we appreciate it very much. It looks as though it will be after the first of the year as their schedule changed slightly.

We'll keep you informed. :)

Dale.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Dale,

Any early hints as to which ones your shooting for? (pun intended) Thanks, from an ex-Md'r. Tracy

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fusion, thanks.

One thing that might help is that your stripped frames are already approved. How can you build a gun without a frame? If the frame is legal, common sense would then say that the guns should be OK as well.

The only other way would be for me to buy a bare frame from you, go through the paperwork and then send it back and have you build a gun on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bob, what about California? Please!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Fusion, thanks.

One thing that might help is that your stripped frames are already approved. How can you build a gun without a frame? If the frame is legal, common sense would then say that the guns should be OK as well.

The only other way would be for me to buy a bare frame from you, go through the paperwork and then send it back and have you build a gun on it.
That would be an interesting work around. Buy the frame and then have all the parts sent to you and then put it all together.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
That would be an interesting work around. Buy the frame and then have all the parts sent to you and then put it all together.
That would be a comparable to buying an AR lower and then building/buying the upper/remaining parts. Tracy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Is that allowed in those states?
As far as I know it is. The lower is the frame that has the serial #. Just like a 1911. After you have the "gun" (the part with the serial #) you can do whatever you like. Tracy

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that allowed in those states?
My idea would not work in CA, based on what I know about their law but it would be 100% legal in MD. As I noted, Fusion's frames are on the approved list.

The issue with CA is that a specific model with detailed description is approved, down to color of the gun and type of sights. For example, a black gun might be approved, but a two tone version of the same gun is not.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The issue with CA is that a specific model with detailed description is approved, down to color of the gun and type of sights. For example, a black gun might be approved, but a two tone version of the same gun is not.
I'm sure this has been said before....that's just stupid. But when we let non gun owners make laws, gun owners will suffer.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Sorry, No CA... We have many folks send us frames from CA and we build something out of it for them... But CA, needs a political correction. CA keeps changing the game and the objective is not public safety, Their Objective is to make is so expensive and cumbersome to do business there, that it is not feasible to sell there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts