1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI - I'm now making full size bobtailed grips in addition to all other 1911 style grips.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank the many forum members who have placed orders with me this year and for the incredibly positive comments and support I've received. I hope your new grips bring you many years of enjoyment and the jealous envy of all your shooting partners! :D

Thanks again and happy holidays to all!

Dave

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
Beautiful, Dave! I particularly like the rounded bevel cuts at the bottom and the bobtail. I'm looking for the perfect wood for you to make my next set!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Droooooool! I love that Spalted Maple, man I had just decided on Desert Ironwood for my Bobtail Commander I'm building. Thanks alot, now I have to decide again. I wonder if you can stipple Spalted maple?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments all!

Falboy, I wouldn't recommend stippling spalted maple - its a very soft wood. I sent some 'practice wood' to a customer who wanted to stipple his spalted maple grips and he wasn't pleased at all with the results on the practice wood.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply, I wonder how it would work if you had it stabilized first?

·
Premium Member
20,305 Posts
Dave...What does it take to stabilize wood? If I found the perfect wood and wanted you to do the work, do you have someone who stabilizes?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed - I've heard they do good work.

Ok, I'm really headed out on vacation now!! Cya'll in a couple weeks!!

Happy Thanksgiving all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts