1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well all - the wait is over. My Kobra is back, hard chromed, ambi'd, and sporting a new set of spalted maple bobtailed grips. Incredible pistol and well worth the time & $$. Damn proud to finally be a member of the exalted and illustrious 'snake pit' :D

I'm now making bobtailed grips from the exotic woods on my site so let me know if I can help you out!

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
So nice, Dave! The hard-chroming sure turned out great. Those grips would look better on mine, though! Congratulations on a fine pistol.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Excellent choice of wood for the grips. Would (no pun intended) also look good on a full stainless gun.

The grain contrast makes the color stand out as well and the gun.

Again. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Dave, the hard chrome looks terrific! Those grips are really nice with the hard chrome.

Did you hard chrome everything? That is the matte finish isn't it?

Tom

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all...Zuma, yes it was all externally hard chromed and it is in the matte finish. Done by Metaloy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
congratulations Cacique! i'm glad your pistol turned out so good;)
the grips definitely make it look like one of a kind!!!

btw: how long did metaloy take to turn around your gun?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the delay in posting...but just got back from vacation and still recuperating :D

Metaloy did the hard chroming for me and the turnaround was about 13 days if I remember correctly.

TennVOL - yes, it'll be at the gunshow this weekend and of course you're welcome to drool...I'll bring an extra rag :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Folks,

That Kobra looks even better in person…

I just met Dave at the Richmond gun show and got to see some of his current inventory. These are the nicest grips I have ever seen for the 1911 and while I did not walk away with a set today, I will sometime in the not to distant future. Plus, Dave is a pleasure to talk with.

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts