1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Brand new here.....so I'll just jump right into the question I have. i was able to finally get another 1911 (this time a RIA Officer Model) and plan on it being my primary off-duty carry. I have scrounged up the courage for a bobtail job. That being said, I really don't want to spend $50 for a part (the jig) that I know for a fact I'm only going to use one time.
Any of you fine folks here willing to let me rent/borrow/barter for the use of your bobtail jig??
Never hurts to ask. Thanks in advance, and I hope this is in the correct forum area.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
If it's an officers model, you can't bob it. The only option is a Wilson Round butt, and you don't need a jig for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha.....good deal. I appreciate the reply. I spent all this time researching the bobtail and never realized you couldn't do it to the Officer model. I'll look into the round butt.
Now....all that being said, I'm quite fond of the bobtail look. I might still want to borrow someone's jig and do the conversion to my full size.
Again, thanks for the information. I never would have known.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Several gunsmiths have shown pics of their 'round butt' treatment of standard and officer size frames. It'll take a bit of searching here but you should be able to get some good ideas. Then you only need a good file.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts