1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ricky, On the Baer forum a question about a fixed sight replacement for Bomar sight cuts in a slide is requiered.

It seems that Baer knock off sights are breaking and a need to replace them with a fixed verision would be a good solution.

Heinie custom makes them for Kimber Knock off of the Bomar's but thats it! Kimber must have unique slot cuts. I think Baers are backwards compatible with Bomar's.

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
Adjustable sight breakage - fix

One fix that seems useful is to TIG weld the rear leaf which will eliminate your windage adjustment. I've been told that 90+% of Bomar breakage is in the rear leaf.

My experience with Bo-Mars has been very good over the years.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wilson makes an adjustable for the Bomar cut. There was a long discussion at the Enos forum regarding adjustable sight quality, and most people came out as saying that the Wilson was absolutely bullet proof, while citing a number of anecdotes of Bomar failure. On the strength of what I read, I spec'ed the Wilson sight on my gun. Only have about 5000 rounds of 130 PF 9mm screaming through the gun so far, but the sight is still attached.

P.S. A guy on my squad at the Winter Championships had his sight break on his Baer .38 Super. Took him forever to knock the steel down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts