1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does someone on this list know what is the address of the bomar official web site?
Do you also know where is the best place on the Net (with reasonable prices) to get these sights. I am looking for the low mount adjustable ones.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got a low-mount Bomar adjustable sight from Brownells, I think it was about $65. They have both the target and combat versions. I think the only difference is that the combat sights have slightly rounded corners on the rear blade.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If interested..I have a set of BMCS-2 for sale..I think the difference between it and the BMCS is one requires you to drill and tap the slide..the "2" is self contained..

anyway..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just discovered that the bomar sights are not interchangeable with a novak fixed sight cut. So I would need to get a new frame in order to install the bomar with the bomar slide cut. Whoops! That's going to cost more than initially planned.

·
Registered
925 Posts
nextstepguy said:
I just discovered that the bomar sights are not interchangeable with a novak fixed sight cut. So I would need to get a new frame in order to install the bomar with the bomar slide cut. Whoops! That's going to cost more than initially planned.
Don't give up just yet. Is the cut on the Bomar larger than the cut on the Novak's? If so then it is a matter of using a larger mill. Also most Bomar's will require milling and tapping the slide behind the sight cut, if you want the low ones as most people do.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
nextstepguy said:
Slide, not frame. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts