1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any opinions on a good pair of tactical boots? The brands I have seen are Altama, Bates, Magnum and Matterhorn? I am looking for pair confortable and durable boots to wear while shooting at IDPA and Gunsite. Is getting them waterproof worth the extra price? Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've been wearing a set of Bates "enforcers" at the LEO academy. Comfortable and have been holding up real well. I like them

------------------
Style, Fit & Function you get it all with an M/D Holster
www.customholsters.com
[email protected]

Remember,, Cow aint just aint for food!!
100% satisfaction or I buy it back!

"Holsters" the only real cure for mad cow disease!!!

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I wear boots every day for work and change between several different brands. The ENFORCERS are one pair I like about the best but then, the Rocky's are not bad either.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The Altama boots are good, the new Special Ops line from Bates are well made and fit well. A boot worth looking at is the Original Swat Boot, www.originalswatboot.com, $49.95 a pair last I looked. The are great boots, lightweight, fit like a cross trainer and have great traction. They are redesigning the waterproof model and they will offer a brwon version soon. Great GP boots.

If you want GoreTex/Sypamtex the BAtes Spec Ops or Altama are cool. If you use them alot outdooors, the only boot is Danner. I have had 11 pairs over the last 20+years, best waterproof duty boot on the market; sadly the most expensive::: and worth every penny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bates gets my vote for everyday use. fite very very nice and extreamly comfotable to wear!

Hitec Magnums are ok for the money ($30) but go ith the bates for long term use.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Adidas GSG9 are what I wear. Then again, I am not a door kicker for Uncle Sam. I just throw stuff out of C-130's and sometimes jump out. And at over $250 a pair, I am glad I get them issued.

Tom Freeman
http://www.limitedgun.com/PPPS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Take a look at Danner Acadia's or Olympic's

------------------
"Go Heavy or Go Home"

M

·
0 Posts
Rocky 911 is what I have worn on duty for the last year or so. Very comfortable and durable. Plus they are light enough that they don't feel like you have two bricks strapped to your feet.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I've been wearing the Rocky 911 for 5 years now and love them. I really like the model with the flat sole as they are much better on ice, oil, and water, and they are extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I picked up a pair of the Magnum Side Zip's...

They're some of the most comfortable, and convienent boots I have worn. I started wearing them daily a few months ago, and only recently, gave them a rest, having gotten them nicely broken-in.

I prefer zippers on my boots, have since I was in the service, and while the zipper insert on the tongue was handy, having the side zipper is even better.

I can lace-up, and tie-off the boot, to provide the fit that I want, and then use the zipper to provide the daily convience of putting them on, and off without changing the intial fit.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have worn Rocky Eliminators 6 days a week for about the last 5 yrs. They last about 2 yrs. with moderate but daily use. They are good boots for the price.

Many good brands out there like Vasque, Danner, Rocky,Bates, Redwing, etc...

Make sure you get a proper fit regardless what shoes you get because 90% of grown men buy shoes to big for them (90% of women buys shoes too small).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know what a "tactical" boot is, But the best boot you can buy are made by white. They will be the last boot you will ever buy.
clinth

[This message has been edited by clinth (edited 02-09-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts