1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to confirm a couple of things that I'd seen in searching past postings on the Para forum here. I just bought a new 7.45 LDA this weekend as a companion to my Kimber Elite Pro. All in all, it looks like a good sidearm, and I look forward to testing it out soon. I do have a couple of questions, however:

1.) Is it common for Para to send out pistols that have a bore that looks like it was machined with an old hay rake? I saw reference in an old posting about "broaching or tooling marks" but sheesh!, the rifling looks like somebody finished it with 80 grit sandpaper. Isn't this likely to affect accuracy? Doesn't it make it pretty hard to clean? Will Para replace it with a barrel that has some semblance of a mirror finish?

2.) I'm not overly fond of the arched plastic mainspring housing, and I'd like to replace it, while adding a mag funnel. I've read elsewhere that most aftermarket MSH parts won't fit -- too long, and no matter which end you remove metal from it messes up either the spring cap or the mounting pin hole. Has anyone found a MSH that will work, or a workaround to make a stock part fit?

Thanks for any input. I really like the trigger pull and action of this gun. Hopefully it'll be a shooter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts