1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time lurker here making his first post. I had a Gold Cup many years ago but I had to sell it for financial reasons, I really hated to let it go but I promised myself one day I would get another 1911. Last saturday I was able to finally get a 1911 again. I am partial to the new 70's and was able to procure one for a very nice price. The only thing is this 70 has some qualities that has me wondering.

1) It has a collet bushing
2) The rollmark is different on the right side than the 70 I saw on dsk reviews. The print is a bit bigger.
3) The sights are lower than the repro sights I've seen on various places on the web. No white dots. Small military-type sights.
4) The grips are not checkered. They're sorta smooth but not completely, with silver medallions.

My ffl said he only put 10 rounds through it and he's always been honest with me in the past. It is in really excellent condition, almost pristine. The fitting is very tight. The serial # is 70g75776. I paid $595

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
WesTex.....

Congrats on your first post.

According to the info that you've provided you don't have a new reintroduction series 70 pistol. You have an original Series 70 pistol that was made in 1975.

At $595 you got a very good price in the condition you have described. Nice score!

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your reply. I can't believe it's an original 70. When I first saw the light brown styrofoam box it came in I thought something was off, it didn't look like the blue plastic box I was expecting. The lines are extremely sharp and clean and now I'm wondering if I should shoot it. Naw, I'll probably be shooting next weekend! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts