1911Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dedicated room in the house now for 34 years. Only problem is that after all this time, the room is "growing" into the center of the space.

An understanding wife really helps us old guys have our "man room" uninhibited.

·
Registered
23,775 Posts
I did well for years with just my twelve foot bench.

It is not tied into the wall. But at +/- 500 LB. it is pretty stable. The top is 5/4" white Oak on top of two layers of 7/16" plywood. Six legs instead of four.

More recently I made a freestanding bench with drawers on both sides for gun maintenance, scope mounting etc. Some Brazilian cherry flooring left over from a house addition made for a nice top.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I too have a OCD for benches and reloading stuff in a spare bedroom. So after 40+ years of reloading there are 5 Dillons mounted on 24"X60" benches with plenty of drawers for storage. It does seem that it is an ever growing system.

One bench is located at a right angle to the wall and in the center of the room. The front side is clear for access to the drawers. The back side is where the presses are located. Works for me!

Smiles,
I believe you may need two more Dillon’s. 😀

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Dedicated room in the house now for 34 years. Only problem is that after all this time, the room is "growing" into the center of the space.

An understanding wife really helps us old guys have our "man room" uninhibited.
A very understanding wife. I have one also. My reloading room is a 10 X 14 building outside, she visits me about 6 times a year, no questions asked.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
It is not tied into the wall. But at +/- 500 LB. it is pretty stable. The top is 5/4" white Oak on top of two layers of 7/16" plywood. Six legs instead of four.

More recently I made a freestanding bench with drawers on both sides for gun maintenance, scope mounting etc. Some Brazilian cherry flooring left over from a house addition made for a nice top.
You have a great deal of superfluous equipment cluttering up your space; can’t you find another place to park your car? You have a nice setup.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
:biglaugh: Without a doubt! Get that ladder out of there too! That place is starting to look like a garage!!

·
Registered
169 Posts

I built my bench years ago using Stanley's and HD lumber. Cost me maybe $30. Thing is stout. Press is RCBS Pro2000. Rock Chucker retired to garage cabinet. Powder and other die sets stored in closet next to closet shown. Temperature never varies more than 6 deg min to max year round. My wife has no reason to visit me. She hates my music (country and classical), she can't stand what I watch on my 27" 5K Retina iMac (college football and basketball) doesn't like my artwork on the walls, and doesn't like my collection of Indian pottery and my Zuni fetishes. Its paradise. Not shown is my fire extinguisher.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts