1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After so much consideration it was driving my crazy, I bought a milspec today. Already have 7 1911's, the only "stock" one is an Ithaca GI .45, and have been looking at Baer, Wilson, SA, Kimber, Colt, etc. etc. etc. for a 1* reliable and accurate duty gun just the way I wanted. Trouble is, I couldn't find it. Wilson's CQB came close, but don't like his Armor Tuff finish. Baer's Custom Carry also came close, but didn't like his customer service rep. The recent Handgunner with Larry Vickers' gun on the cover was incredible - just what I wanted. So, I bought a milspec today after examining it. Slide to frame fit was good, not extremely tight, but no play, either. Didn't even care about the rest of the gun, as everything except the slide, frame, spring guide, and spring plug will be replaced. This gun will have not even one round fired before it goes away to Mike O'Hara of Redmond, WA for his complete customization job. Mike does fantastic work, and I'll let y'all know how this gun turns out.

SF

PS - FI BRAZIL is no longer on the side, it's under the dust cover (it'll be machined off).

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I have one of the 2001 milspec SA and it shoots so good that I'm not going to touch it, other than a hammer and beavertail to keep from chewing my hand up. Definitely a best buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts