1911Forum banner

Bought a Olympic Arms 45 today

2037 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  sousana
I bought a brand new Olympic Arms 1911 A1 today.It cost me $300 new.I put 250 rounds thew it and had no FTF.At 25 yards it grouped most of the time in the 3 inch range.It is parkerized black and came with a mag made by metalform.The slide did wear fast from my Milt Sparks Summer Special.But I`ll tell you guys for $300 I couldn`t be more delighted.

------------------
Have fun & Shoot Straight

[This message has been edited by 38 Super Combat Commander (edited 08-03-2001).]
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt,It does not have the finger grooves.It is a stock GI 1911 A1.Funny thing that it has no markings on the slide.

[This message has been edited by 38 Super Combat Commander (edited 08-03-2001).]

· Vendor
1,503 Posts
Matt VDW,

Click the US Flag and then under menu items select the retail catalog, then see 1911 pistols. They are the familiar Safari Arms models.

------------------
"Your aim in life is not worth anything if you don't pull the trigger."

[This message has been edited by tonerguy (edited 08-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by tonerguy (edited 08-06-2001).]

· Registered
152 Posts
Tonerguy,

I tried that and all I see are the four models (Matchmaster, Enforcer, Cohort and Big Deuce) with the funky frame projection. None of them look like "mil-spec" pistols.

None of the suggested retail prices are near $300, either!

· Registered
113 Posts
It sounds to me like you purchased a Charles Daly.Even the price is about right.If you can post a picture it would make liars out of us all.Plus if you can get a Olympic Arms for 300.00 I also want one at that price.

· Registered
4,616 Posts
Safari Arms marketed a GI Model for a while, I have it listed in one of my older SA catalogs and I own 2 GI models along with a Matchmaster and a Blackwidow. The GI models function perfectly and are as dependable as my Wilson CQB, though not of the same quality. I paid $375 for one and traded a CZ75 for the other which was brand new. I'll see if I can't dig out a digital camera and take a pic of my GI Models, though mine do have safari arms imprinted on the frame and slide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.