1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to stop in today and get the Maryland paperwork started on my first 1911 purchase. Decided to go with a full size SS Loaded.
My gunsmith is also a dealer for various makes, so he did the ordering for me. I didn't want to go with the loaded, because while I like all the features, I DON'T like the front serrations. He said he could build me one with the same features off of a Mil-Spec, but it woulda run about $1500-$1800, and would have ended up similar to a factory loaded gun. Kinda high just to get rid of front slide serrations.
So I did the paperwork, and then I LOST MY MIND.

There was this little gun there called an XD. I kept telling myself I need to get a 9mm for my wife, and it all seemed to make sense at the time.

So I ended up buying TWO guns today. She doesn't know yet. I think I'll give it to her for Christmas.

I am planning on taking her to Frontsight next year, so she'll need something to shoot she can control easily. All this makes sense to you guys, right?
Anyway...after all is said and done (it alway adds up....ammo....new cleaning gear...taxes...etc) I ended up with an $1800 bill. GOOD LORD!

Oh well. I guess I'll get over it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The XD is a reliable/fun gun to shoot. Have about 1500 rounds thru My 5" tactical 9mm. Filled My need/want for a hi-cap 9mm very well. Bob

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm thinking about a XD tactical for myself. looked at one the other day and I was impressed. The guy shooting it at a local IDPA match seemed to like his very much. Next time I see him maybe he'll let me try it out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Two guns on the same day, what would the children think, in Maryland?

You better not write here anymore as the Maryland Bureau of Investigations is now actively tracking your emails and movements...

I just bought a 1911 yesterday too. It is my fourth. All with a purpose. When I was married, I bought her a "cute" litter revolver. I am no longer married and she still has the revolver. Funny. I think your wife will appreciate the gift. If she doesn't, she is weird.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was bitten by the XD bug also. My 16 year old daughter loves it and shoots it very well. My groups are almost as good as with a 1911. The stainless loaded will be a blast.

Good Luck
Bill :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
An XD-9 and a Loaded SS. Brilliant! :p

·
Registered
323 Posts
I love wives that you can buy a pistol for on special occassions. Especially since we tend to get trigger time on it also. By the way one of the ones I got my wife was a Springfield XD 40 cal. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
There's no way it should cost $1500 to set a Mil Spec up with the options that are on the Loaded model. Springfield Armory will perform the Loaded Package modification to your pistol for $495, parts included. You can ask them to leave off the front serrations (but it will still cost $495).

·
Registered
735 Posts
kurtzbm said:
So I ended up buying TWO guns today. She doesn't know yet. I think I'll give it to her for Christmas.
Yea right! Don't let him fool you guys, he did it because the devil told him to!!!! or to stay out of the dog house :biglaugh:

You see who got the more expensive gun right!

(Christmas Day 2005 or maybe 2006 if shes lucky)
Here honey I bought you an XD for Christmas I hope you like it! It is a little used, I have only been shooting it since September along with the SS loaded! I picked up. :biglaugh:

Just messin with ya brother! on a serious note those are two fine guns, I know you will enjoy them.

Also my buddy down in Florida picked up an XD 9mm the other day for P.I. carry. He is limited as to what cal he can carry with the P.I. thing. But he put 500 rounds through it yesterday 9/23 and he said that was flawless out of the box. He is a Glock guy but after shooting the XD he says he likes it better do to the grip and grip saftey, etc. It was a real good price too. XD 9mm, 3 mags and IMO not so great holster for $475.00.

Take care :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.