1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys went and bought some once fired stuff and it came in and most of it's sorted, came across some that i've not seen before.

So i thought i'd ask to see what it is etc. who makes it ? is it junk or ok ? etc..

C B C 45 Auto

G.F.L - not much but 3 different types of headstamps..

WIN NT -- is this Win clean ? primers look might small. very little of this, i'm going to throw it i think..

One with Cryllic writing on it, think i only have a couple of these and the primers appear to be crimped also. gone also.

W-W

FC 00 Match

Cor Bon 45 auto +P... only have the one.. :)

Also have some AMERC ?? is this what people say is Junk. it's looks ok.. have about 20 of these..

Have a lot of CBC stuff and S & B and Winchesters. Some R-P,Federal, Speer etc..

Some WCC match ammo brass.

Thanks for any info.

Jeff.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I loaded a bunch of range pick ups---CBC and had no problems with them. They are made in Brazil I believe.

Check out the FC-00 match.... These are Federal made in 2000 and Dillon had a warning about some FC-match circa late 90's I think. I believe the primer pockets were very small or something like that. They caused fits in the Dillon press's. Hand prime a few of the 00's and see how it goes. They probably fixed the probelm by 2000 or maybe not :)

Toss the AMERC !!!! For that matter toss anything you suspect might not be good. Maybe save the WW with the small primer pocket till you get a big batch collected and load them with small rifle primers.....But you had better keep them seperate from the large primer stash of 45 brass... Sheesh, just something more to keep track of....

·
Registered
826 Posts
WIN NT -- is this Win clean ? primers look might small. very little of this, i'm going to throw it i think..
Those are brass from the Win Clean line. They use a small pistol primer. I picked up a few of those at the range. Now I gotta spend extra time to weed those out when sorting out brass. What is Winchester thinking?? Oh wait I know- I guess to piss us off enough to think it's just not worth the troube to reload. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

i'll check out the links..

I think due to the small number of cases that i'm not sure about they will get tossed.. in the large scheme of things i dont need the possible problems..

Thanks again.

Jeff.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i reloaded some of that amerc brass one time, none of it will chamber pita.

im thinking about pulling the decapping pin and running it thru the resizer to see what happens

i use a mixed bag of brass most of it works pretty good except for amerc

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've loaded most of the brass you mentioned. Mostly without any problems. The amerc I found is hard to hand prime but shoots OK once primed and loaded

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Ran across some amerc brass at the range my last visit. Brought it home and started reloading it. Got to priming and noticed that every so often a primer would fall out of the primer pocket. I use Winchester WLP primers. Seeing that didn't fill me with confidence so I removed the primers that had been seated and pitched the brass.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking

at the AMERC brass just before i tossed it last night.. Its seems like it's put together pretty well.. seems llike a heavier brass then some of the other casings.. but the primer pockets don't seemed to be formed to well.. and one of the cases the primer had actually fallen out already.. so off it went into the great big garbage bag...

:)

thanks for the information again folks.. That headstamp link was very interesting.

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The Amerc crap brass is thicker because in the early days this junk would split on the first firing about 30% of the time.

Amerc brass is a disease, but I'm torn as to whether it's as bad as that stupid small primer pocket brass.

·
Registered
516 Posts
AMERC CRAP

I went to the range today and the range master had been saving me some 45 brass that shooters let lay, we have a deal that involves a case of beer here and there. He only saves me stuff he thinks is new and just sweeps it up and puts it in a bucket. The 500 or so pieces he had today----most were AMERC... I just smiled and thanked him-----put it in my car and just now put it on my bench to sort through-----first exam showed mostly Amerc and I will NOT mess with it----burned once is enough for me. Anyway the range master has no idea what is good or bad so I did not want to insult him or ruin my deal by throwing the brass away at the range in front of him.......

·
Registered
709 Posts
If it says 45 on it I reload it!
The only stuff I've run across that's a PITA to reload is
TZZ and S&B.
But with a tool I pick up and a drill-press at work, I get that little crimp out of there!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PDShooter

you've had trouble with S & B,, hmm i've not had any trouble with it at all runs through the 550b just fine.. although i've only done about 500 rounds so maybe i've been lucky. i'll know here shortly as i've got quite a bit now that i've bought this once fired stuff..

:)

Jeff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts