1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you always use the same type brass or can you have a mixed box of brass when reloading. Does it make a big difference.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't worry about mixing types or brands of brass but I do give each one look after removing them from the tumbler looking for signs of impending failure or damage.

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
366 Posts
If I bought a few hundred or a thousand of one particular brand, then I will separate them from the general population to use for competition.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have all kinds of range brass mixed together and I dont have any problems, probably be a little more acurate if you kept the brands separated.

------------------
Kevin

·
Registered
416 Posts
I separated my brass just to see if any particular type was involved in my FTF's.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've been using mixed headstamps with no problems. If I'm experimenting with a new load, weighing each charge etc., then I will pick out a number of a particular headstamp for the test. After that, I go back to mixed.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I tend to separate them after loading and use the matched brass in competition. I've never seen any personal proof that this is necessary at all, but it makes me feel better. I also have a tendency to relegate Remington .45 brass for practice only since it has less neck tension than anything else I've seen (determined by the effort needed to seat the bullet).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts