1911Forum banner

Breaking Even?

5K views 125 replies 38 participants last post by  RetiredRod 
You are not going to break even at all. Unless you are a competitor. Bidenomics and the Scamdemic have pretty well ruined that for a few years.

The point to reloading is:
  1. The relaxation/enjoyment
  2. the precision/quality of your work
  3. shooting what you have made and
  4. collecting, cleaning it all and doing it again.
So far, the only "profit" I see on the horizon was: the prices I saw on PMC 223rem last week were almost low enough that it was cheaper to buy their ammo, pull the bullet, dump the powder and rebuild them from there: component-wise it would save a nickel per case (the cost of new brass+primer+bullet)
You omitted Bidenflation

Well it depends on how much you value your time!! I enjoy reloading just for the fun of it, I didnt get into it fir money. My kids and grandkids get to see how its done, and even fire them at the range…. So to me that is sn added benifit money cant buy.
Primers, powder and boolits are still hit or miss on availability here in deep south La.
But its part of the process.
Makes you appreciate ammo when you do it yourself too.
Id say go for it, you will learn a lot and can say you reload in coversations and meet people of like interests.
I got into it when I started shooting a lot . Then I started shootsin

I got into it when I started shooting a lot . Then I started shootsin
Then I started shooting Bullseye Matches. When you shoot 180 rounds ( 45 ) in a match it doesn't take long to realize you need to reload unless you have very very deep pockets . I would shoot 4-500 rounds a week in practice unless there was a match or two then it was more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.