1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a leather Paddle Type holster for my 1911 Government. Anybody have any suggestions about how to break it in to fit my 1911 besides the obvious of just shoving in the 1911 and waiting a few days. Since I live in the NE and we just got the ability to CCW, no one here knows much about breaking in a new leather holster.
Many thanks for any replies.
Doc

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Try this for starters....

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
First, don't stop at the holster. You need a belt that will support and secure the holster.
A loaded full size 1911 and with a spare mag or preferrably two you will have over three pounds to carry.
Break in will happen naturally.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I guess the video would work. I've been a fan of 🐢wax leather conditioner.
After spraying the inside, I wrap my gun in wax paper, jam it in tight, and let it sit overnight.

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
Absolutely DO NOT use any kind of "leather softener" or "mink oil" on your new leather and be very wary of "conditioners". You paid good money for a holster made from carefully selected and tanned leather and you could easily turn it into a limp biscuit with some products. Just keep it clean and dry and the Laws of Physics will do the rest. A very light application of saddle soap and a clean cloth will clean grunge off of the exterior only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts