1911Forum banner

Breech flaw/issue on a .45 Tisas 1911...

4405 Views 82 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  2nd Amend Steve
This is the new A1 Service Special 5". So when I went to fit a new extractor, I got that part set up and in spec. But when looking at closeups I noticed a flaw. The cartridge was not seating completely after I dialed the extractor in and got the hook off the case. The issue is obvious. There is a high spot or something that holds the rim of the cartridge from seating completely on the left side of the breech. You can see the witness marks and the height at which the cartridge sits. You cannot push it completely flat to the breech. The pistol shot fine but was a bit erratic on ejection, but never failed to feed or eject jhp or ball ammo.

So I need to fix that LOL. It's a tight spot, suggestions on how to cut that flaw down?

Gas Gadget Font Screenshot Rectangle

Fluid Water Gas Composite material Concrete

Gas Cylinder Metal Titanium Tints and shades
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
Okay, so here my perspective...
You shouldn't have to "repair" a new firearm.
Any modifications should be done by a qualified gunsmith.
If you are considering buying a firearm that you think you will need to modify to make it "behave" the way you want it to,...Don't. Keep looking and invest in the firearm you are REALLY trying to find.

IMO: The bottom line answer regarding why this is an issue... It's a Tisas.

I wonder, have Colt 1911's ever had to have minor tuning to get them to work reliably?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts