1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is basically a duplicate of my earlier posting on the "Maintenance and Troubleshooting" Board. I've had my Custom Carry for about 7 months and have run about 5000 rounds through it (all factory, no +P). Recently, while cleaning it, I noticed what appears to be a perfectly straight, vertical cut or crack on the right side of the breechface (viewed from the front of the slide). A TRS owner who responded says his has two such cuts, and they haven't caused him any problems. I'm thinking there must be other LB owners who have experienced this. Any comments? Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Could this be a mark left from machining? If you look at how the breachface is shaped you see that it takes at least 2 different machining operations to form it, there could easily be a straight line left if one of the operations was done at a slightly different height than the other. My Kimber along with other Kimbers I've looked at has a large ridge from this and it even leaves marks on brass. It's kind of nice for keeping track of how many times the brass has been used :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts