1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested in knowing how many Briley Pistol owners are members on the forum...If you would post the Briley model you have and how you like it that would be most interesting...Thanks :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,968 Posts
Are there no other Briley owners here on the forum? :(
Oh, I imagine there are. They are rare birds though and not everyone who owns a particular gun is prone to post. Some just lurk and read, which is not a bad thing.

Not everyone who owns 1911's feels the need to tell strangers what they own.

Sooner or later, someone else will probably post.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
Bump.

I would even venture to say that most members here have only heard of Briley bushings and didn't know they made pistols.

Bump for interest.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a Fantom F13, al-most a briley, wish they would make them again.
I have a Briley Target Master 6 inch slide in 9mm/stainless steel done to my specs by Claudio Salassa when he was building all the pistols himself rather than farming them out as they unfortunately later did. Shoots like a dream, but in my new location I just don't have much time to enjoy it any more...

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have a Linkless Advantage in .45 that I bought well used. Every time I pick it up I'm impressed by the quality of the checkering and the welded magwell. I've seriously considered getting another one...

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have a Briley Versatility.
I'd've responded sooner, but I've been away from computers most of the last 2 months. Out playing Army (AT) and then out playing medieval knight (Pennsic).

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Somehow missed this thread. I own a Briley Versatility, built back in the early 90's and is one of the most accurate pistols I own. (disregard the .22 holes)

Dave

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know that next year we will be building guns again! Under Claudio, right now we are looking at making some accessories for upsa/idpa/3gun. I have seen some of the things in the pipline,and I must say its typical of Briley. Innovative!

As far as the post earlier about farming the guns out, when we did that Paul L. from Pistol Dynamics was the person that was building them. He is not a shabby gunsmith, he is the person who invented the .40 cal S&W cartridge while working for Performance Center. If you want to see some of his work just goto www.pistoldynamics.com.

Also claudio's guns have been featured in American Handgunner, I don't know how many times, but all you really need is one time. lol,

So we have some exciting things that will be happening with Briley in 2011, just keep an eye out!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bumping the thread because there is - out of the blue - a good chance I'm inheriting a full custom Briley very soon. Will post more later.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm sure glad you did bump it. I've only been on the forum for 7 months, and I didn't dig far enough back into the archives to find this thread. I have the 5" stainless Versatility in .45ACP and the 6" stainless Longslide Target Master in 9mm shown in the first picture. I have since refinished the Versatility as shown in the second pic. I also just acquired a 5" two-tone Versatility Plus in .40 S&W. The picture is from the GB listing, and it will also be due for a little cosmetic work soon. The .45 Versatility is a pleasure to shoot and the 9mm Longslide Target Master is scary accurate. :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know next to nothing about Briley but I am really excited to take possession. As soon as I get my hands on it, I'm really going to be asking a lot of questions about the gun and company. Anyone have any articles on them?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I just saw the thread too. I have 4 Briley Versatilities. Wonderful guns made by a master builder. Claudio is a great guy and I learn something every time I talk to him. Two of the pistols I have are the linkless models and two have the barrel link and were all made back in the late 1990s. I wish I could find another blued govt. model for my FIL like the one I have. Just by chance two of my pistols also have consecutive serial numbers. I will put a Briley up against a Baer, Brown, or Wilson any day. They are that good.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a .38 Super Claudio built for me way back in the 80s somewhere.

It was built on a Colt but does have a Briley barrel and a comp Claudio made from scratch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a .38 Super Claudio built for me way back in the 80s somewhere. It was built on a Colt but does have a Briley barrel and a comp Claudio made from scratch.
That sounds very cool, I'd love to see a picture. Do you shoot it much?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts