1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Vendor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was much talk at SHOT about bringing back the Bantam. It would need to be a liiiitle different to separate it from the Block 1's, so we are asking forum members for suggestions for the next round.

Ideas so far are:
  • Ambi delete
  • Ti plated barrel
  • Optic Cut Y/N
  • Different Grips - Wood?
  • Brass bead front sight vs fiber optic vs tritium
  • ???
What say you?

· Registered
13 Posts
I just purchased a B45B Duty 1911, a government sized pistol with bobtail cut. I believe it's also now called a MantaRay. Really, really like it, but it would be even nicer if you offered an ambi delete, and night sights. Alternatively, standard Novak dovetail cuts that would allow buyers to easily replace with aftermarket sights.
I'm not up on all the new models, but offering the Carry series (Commander size) in both aluminum and steel frames would be a plus.
As an aside, are the G10 grips from the Bantam available for the MantaRay?

· Registered
3,667 Posts
There was much talk at SHOT about bringing back the Bantam. It would need to be a liiiitle different to separate it from the Block 1's, so we are asking forum members for suggestions for the next round.

Ideas so far are:
  • Ambi delete
  • Ti plated barrel
  • Optic Cut Y/N
  • ???
What say you?
Tisas never responded to my email inquiry about the hammer strut thumping the much-too-shallow grip safety channel. Is that still an issue? I fixed mine with a Dremel without troubling you folks, but it is a worrisome problem. If Tisas does sort it out, I'd very much appreciate a new grip safety for my "1911A1 Service" model.

· Vendor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tisas never responded to my email inquiry about the hammer strut thumping the much-too-shallow grip safety channel. Is that still an issue? I fixed mine with a Dremel without troubling you folks, but it is a worrisome problem. If Tisas does sort it out, I'd very much appreciate a new grip safety for my "1911A1 Service" model.
Give customer service a call. 865.604.6894

· Registered
269 Posts
Ambi delete
Brass bead front
Include Two sets of grips — G10 and wood, like on the new FN High Power

· Registered
19 Posts

Ideas so far are:
  • Ambi delete
  • Ti plated barrel
  • Optic Cut Y/N
  • ???
What say you?
Stainless steel!
And other 9mm in stainless also.

· Registered
SPP forever!
3,670 Posts
Other than std sight-cuts, the only thing I must say is wonderful are those "extended serrations" (if that's the name), on the Carry.. I mean the wonderful width/grip - and yes, fore and aft.

Frankly, Tisas should also apply their headspace to a similar SS hi-power clone: the worst feature on my FEG's are those tiny serrations and the stupid non-FN sear-spring (I can't drop in a HP spring there).

· Premium Member
1911's, a bunch and counting...
2,069 Posts
To me, the Bantam screams "carry pistol" and I love the light weight of mine. The ambi safety delete is perfectly fine to me. Sights, cut for red dot, meh. I believe tritium sights would be the best option. Grips are so personal and people change them like underwear, I prefer wood though.

· Vendor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · · Business
(pssstt... Anyone can swap grips - and the same with sights, if the cuts are a STANDARD)
So we took the feedback from this thread and a few others and will be standardizing on Novak-compatible dovetails. This will be a running change across all dovetail models, implemented as we work through current part inventory. Bobtail frames are already standard with Ed Brown Bobtail (TM) for grips.

· Registered
399 Posts

Ideas so far are:
  • Ambi delete
  • Ti plated barrel
  • Optic Cut Y/N
  • ???
What say you?
I would favor deleting the ambi safety, a fiber optic front sight, blacked out rear sight and 38 Super as an available caliber. The grips would be of lesser concern for me as either wood or G-10 are fine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts