1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Right side of my ambi safety broke the other day. One of the prongs that engages the Left side safety cracked. Does anyone know where I can get a parkerized safety? All I can seem to find are blued and stainless ambi's. I would send it back to Springfield, but I don't feel like waiting to get my pistol back.

· Banned
7,478 Posts
Call Springfield and see if they'll just send you the replacement parts.

Blued small parts blend pretty well with Parker finish. You left handed? If not ask Springfield to replace the broken safety with the single lever design.

-- Chuck

· Registered
7,462 Posts
I didn't know they used/made Parked small parts. My Parkerized V-10 has all blued parts that aren't the slide or frame. If you can find Parked parts, please post here. I never minded the blued parts, but if I find Parked parts I'd look into buying them. Tracy

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Chuck S said:
Call Springfield and see if they'll just send you the replacement parts.

When I called Springfield about replacing my ambi safety with a single sided safety they would not send me the part to install myself. They wanted me to send my gun to them.

I figure that they will probably tell you the same thing.

Luke

· Registered
528 Posts
From my experience, Springfield's turn-around time is very good. I'd certainly recommend returning it if you are going to replace the whole safety. If they will sned you just the right hand lever, you should be able to replace that yourself.

Good luck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.