1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought one year ago, after 3000rds this past year, i noticed a crack on the right side between rail and dust cover. returned pistol to Les a week ago. have called three times for info on gun. no return call yet. how's their customer service to us little guys. TIA

·
Registered
225 Posts
bought one year ago, after 3000rds this past year, i noticed a crack on the right side between rail and dust cover. returned pistol to Les a week ago. have called three times for info on gun. no return call yet. how's their customer service to us little guys. TIA
I dont know but im glad you posted that. I was thinking about buying one less than one month ago:confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Their website and phone lines are down so, it may be a while before they call.
I e-mailed them Wednesday and the replied Thursday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Les called yesterday to say it would be six to eight weeks for a new lower to be forged, chromed and fitted.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Chriminey doesn't anybody get sick of Les' crap!? You have to wait for him to "forge" a new frame.....gimme a break!!
Like he doesn't have one freakin frame available to make this right.:barf:

Quit drinkin the kool aid guys. I bet if 20 to 30 of us called and said enough he might get the message and treat people right!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Chriminey doesn't anybody get sick of Les' crap!? You have to wait for him to "forge" a new frame.....gimme a break!!

Quit drinkin the kool aid guys. I bet if 20 to 30 of us called and said enough he might get the message and treat people right!

oh no, somebodys got thier panties in a bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts

Not one with the original ser# on it if he's replacing it under warranty which it sounds like he's doing. And he's always treated me right, no Kool Aid necessary.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
480 Posts
There is ATF paperwork involved when you have to replace a frame with same serial #, thats a month right there, plus rebuild the gun.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
They don't do their hard-chroming in house. Sending it out probably eats up a big chunk of time and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they send stuff out in batches. Patience... patience. Yes, it sucks that your gun broke, but Les will make it right. Hard-chrome and a custom serial number might just take a little extra time.

·
Registered
853 Posts
"IF" Les wants to make it right give him a new gun, YES it will have a new serial number but I bet the guy would be happier with a whole new gun ?! With Nics 5 minutes of so called paperwork and he has a new gun.

I bet 4 months from now this guy is still waiting ..............

I don't wear panties unlike others I'm a man and expect to be treated in a polite professional manner, something which Baer is incapable of doing.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Their website and phone lines are down so, it may be a while before they call.
What's up with that? Is it just the '08 update, or the move to LeClaire?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
"IF" Les wants to make it right give him a new gun, YES it will have a new serial number but I bet the guy would be happier with a whole new gun ?! With Nics 5 minutes of so called paperwork and he has a new gun.

I bet 4 months from now this guy is still waiting ..............

I don't wear panties unlike others I'm a man and expect to be treated in a polite professional manner, something which Baer is incapable of doing.
Nick, stop rippin my bro Les. A good amount of your 141 posts are rippin Les.... You don't like Les! Ok I get it. Enough!

If I was rippin one of your bros over and over you wouldn't like it either so in the most professional and polite way I can ask, pretty please with sugar on top, go back to your Nighthawk forum!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Actually, Nick isn't that far off.

I've been through frame replacement with Les - it did take forever, and there was always an excuse when I called.

As for the 'forge' thing - that doesn't suprise me in the least. At least he didn't say 'we have to mine the raw materials'.

Look I am one of his harshest critics on CS - b/c it is sh*tty. However, once his products are up and running correctly - they are outstanding.

And rightly or wrongly - on the whole, that's why he can get away with the CS that his company has. Trust me I've looked hard at and even purchased from other vendors of similar quality. In the end I continue to buy and reccomend Baer, but with the caveat that his CS is probably the worst I have ever seen in any industry sector.

Good luck

·
Registered
853 Posts
Mr. White you have me confused w someone else as I have NEVER posted on the NIGHTHAWK forum??

Most of my posts clearly state that Baers are a best value for the money but that is a seperate issue from customer relations or lack thereof...........

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

A new gun? What are you nuts. That would be just plain stupid to give out a whole new gun every time something like this happens.

·
Registered
853 Posts
That upper and bbl are already fitted to said cracked frame, no way will they match up to a new frame correctly without welding them back up and refitting.

That gun will never be what it should be.

So YES a new gun is in order. Then again why did it crack in the first place......because Les does not make his frames to true commander length, they short stroke and batter harder then they should with each shot.

am I bashing or pointing out the obvious?!:confused:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Why did you buy Baer to start with? I have numerous friends that shoot Baer and none of us have ever encountered anything bad while dealing with Baer on any matter.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm Jumping in a bit late on this........

And honestly, I do not as of yet have a dog in this hunt, but I am feeling a growing concern in hearing about the general tone of Les Baer Custom's customer service. I just purchased an LB Concept VII and am waiting for delivery. I am going to reserve judgement (obviously) on the gun, it's performance, and Les Baer's customer service, until my hands on it and run it. However, I did not step up in price(substantially) to get a gun that is supposedly superior, and then have rude or disinterested customer service if and or when something as catastrophic as a frame cracking.

If that situation had happened to me, and then I was forced to wait 8 freaking weeks for it to be made right, that would be totally unacceptable. Trying not to read too much into it, but it is a bit disconcerting hearing about shabby customer service, when spending serious $ on a product.

Any way thanks for reading and if you have any feedback that might quiet my growing concern, its appreciated.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.