1911Forum banner

Brommeland Holsters....

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Brommeland 
#1 ·
From those who have purchased Gary's holsters, what has been your wait time. I ordered a Max Con V back in August and still haven't received. Was told to expect in early October.
Responding to e-mail inquiries Gary indicated that his leather order was back ordered and then he had developed back back problems. Is the wait I'm experiencing pretty typical? If so, I would rather he just say that typical turnaround is 3 - 4 months, rather than 4 - 6 weeks. What has been your experience.

#2 ·
Not much help but..

I can tell you theyare worth the wait. I have owners MS VM2 (waited 14 weeks) and others.. I bought the Max-Con V.

This has to be the best feeling holster I won...nice
Gary will get it done for you . Seems if he is having back problems the delay is out of his control as well...

Anyway, again, it is worth the wait they are great!!

#6 ·
I ordered from Gary before you did (quite a bit before too!:) ), but after ordering I realized it was going to be months before I got my CCW so I told Gary to take his time. I also added a couple of items during the wait. I have 2 Max Con V's coming, along with a belt and a mag/flash pouch. And a Spiderco knife!

Gary's a good guy and as talented as they come. When he apologized for the latest delay I told him that I figured I'd be using his stuff for a long time so I wasn't worried about it. I've been carrying for about a month now and I'll get by until his stuff gets here.

#7 ·
I haven't ordered from Brommelland but I've ordered other custom Holsters.

I've ordered a Custom Cross Draw Car Holster for a Beretta 92D from F.I.S.T. wait time 7 weeks.

Mernickle Custom ES1 Paddle 8 weeks for a PM9.

Alessi Double Shoulder Rig 8 weeks for a Sig 226 & 92D

Usually it doesn't take as long as your wait.

#8 ·
Hi Guys!
I know that a few of you are a bit upset with the delay in getting your stuff. I understand how you feel, and I don't blame you a bit.
Here's what's caused the hold-up- about 20 years ago, I really screwed up my lower back. As long as I'm careful, it usually doesn't bother me (much). However, not once, but twice in the past couple of months it has "gone out" on me. When that happens, I cannot walk, stand or even sit at a workbench or computor. All I can do is lie around on a heating pad and worry about all the orders that are running late.
I'm back up and running and am working just as fast as I can without compromising on the quality of my work. Please hang in there, guys. I'm doing all that I can. Thanks for your patience.

#9 ·
I am one of the guys that Gary spoke of who is waiting unhappily for his product. I ordered a mag/flashlight pouch back in late August with a promised turn around time of 3 - 4 weeks. After about 5 - 6 weeks I emailed Gary about the progress and was informed of his back injury and promised I'd have it in a couple of weeks as he had fallen behind during his injury.

Another month passed and I again emailed him to inquire. He told me that he was waiting for some cutting dies that would speed up the process and I would have my pouch in a week to ten days. I waited the week plus a full month after and a few days ago emailed him again asking for a refund. He told me of another relapse with his back and promised the pouch would be done and mailed out this past Monday.

While I am sympathetic to Gary about his back problems (back problems are some of the most painful and debilitating injuries you can suffer) I have become too used to getting what I want with little to no wait. You can blame Lightning Arms Sports for this!

I eagerly await it's arrival and will do a full review of the product complete with pictures.

Methos

#10 ·
I'm a little off argument, but I asked Mr. Brommeland an info about his MAX-Con V, telling him clearly that my request was only for an article I'm writing about an hoster made by another firm.
His reply was VERY kind, complete and quick. Thanks, Mr. Brommeland!
MAXM

#12 ·
Mr Jordan,
Thanks for your patience. I just wanted to let you know that there are only 2 more orders ahead of yours. I'll be shipping your stuff sometime next week and will email you when it is ready to go. Thank you again.

#13 ·
holsters

Hey Guys and gals

Gary has done it again, but it all good. Today I recieved a pacakge with holsters I ordered a while ago. Im not here to flame Gary in anyway shape or form.

I recieved holsters for my 3" Kimber, 4"Kimber , and my 5" kimber (I dont own yet) and my Glock 36. I ordered Max Con V (IWBs) in all black.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW is all i can say well worth the wait. The holsters are second to none. The fit and finish is better then expected. Now Im not gonna say that these are the best since sliced bread, but they are Damn close.

I put my Glock on almost minutes after opening the box and it fits better IWB then many OWB fit me (Im a skinny runt I know it)

after about 10 minutes i forgot it was there.

Now i have to braek them all in, but with in a few holster draws the glcok was sliding out with little effort, yet was still help insecure enough to stay put running up and down the satirs at the office several dozen times ( damn bathroom door down stairs is always locked)

Good work Gary

Now time to order the Def Cons and 1 more Max con 5

Jamie

#14 ·
I can sympathize with anyone with a bad back. I was struck down in the late 1980's with a bad back and could not stand or sit for more than a minute. This lasted for three months while the M.D.'s did scans and scratched their heads. I lost my job and hastened the end of my marriage.

Fortunately, I found treatment that worked and I have no more problems today.

I often say a little prayer that Tucker stays healthy. You wouldn't want a holster that I made. We're doing more business now than I ever thought possible and we'll double it again next year. A bad back or similar situation would be devastating.

I think Gary makes some of the best there is and I hope he get's caught up and stays healthy.

Stay healthy, Gary. :)

#16 ·
hey Gary, I hope you're doing ok! It's been a while, so I'll try to ring you soon. I had to get rid of my full size 1911, so we'll have to talk about having you make another holster for me for my 4" barrelled 1911.

Guys, I know the wait can be frustrating....I *know* it's frustrating for Gary to not be able to put out holsters faster than his God-given capacity....he's a one man shop, gets no help from the outside, is a damn perfectionist (which is a good thing...at least you know your holster will be right), and is currently suffering from major back pain. I'm not saying this to minimize your frustration of waiting, but I am hoping you can all be a little more empathic.

#17 ·
Since I started this thread.....

let me say that I'm willing to wait until the cows come home for the Max Con V holster, 1.5 inch belt, and mag pouch that I ordered back in August. The issue of wait time was not my real concern. The question was was related to the whether or not the lenght of time that had transpired was normal/typcal - not whether or not Gary makes the best holsters available. My experience with other custom holster makers - notably Tucker Gunleather and Rob the Tonerguy - was that reasonable turnaround was a week or so. Also, when you were told a week or so that is what you could expect. The issue was being told 4 to 6 weeks that then progressed into 12 to 14 weeks. I understand the mitigating circumstances that Gary has experienced, and I'm sympathetic to his problems. Based on the feedback he has given on this site I'm assuming that holster, belt and pouch will arrive sometime next week, and that these goods will be next to perfect (as everyone of his prvious customers will attest) and that all will be perfect in the world. So, why don't we all move along to bigger - more important - things.

jrjordan

#18 ·
"My experience with other custom holster makers - notably Tucker Gunleather and Rob the Tonerguy - was that reasonable turnaround was a week or so. "

Running 2 weeks on IWB's now and 4-6 weeks on complete rigs with holster, belt and mag pouch. Should be back to 2-3 weeks after the first of the year. Hunting season, holidays and a deluge of orders has Tucker backed up.

We still want your business but you should know we can't ship in a week any more. Price of success, I guess. :)

#19 ·
With all fine leather, Gary included, the anticipation is half the fun....and the longer you wait, the less it costs you since once we get it, we undoubetly buy another...it's a vicious cycle....that is why I won't order from anyone who promises less than a month turn aorund....

#20 ·
I've been waiting for my order quite a while as well. But it actually worked out in my favor. My original order included a MaxCon V for my SIG. Since I've decided to sell it, I asked Gary if there is anything that he could do since I didn't want to be "stuck" with yet another holster that I couldn't use. His response was that he would be more than happy to exhange the holster for "x". I really find this quite amazing as it was already finished and it was my other holster that wasn't finished.

Call Gary if you need a 229 (9mm) holster. It may still be available. And you can get it immediately!

Yes, I wish I had my new gear. But I'll remain patient. I can empathize since I know how first hand totally dehibilitating and painful back injuries can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.