1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I traded two dubious 9mm magazines for two new 9 round 9mm Ed Brown mags. I listened to John May mention this offer is an recent podcast; he pointed out that EB uses some of the mags that get turned in for research on what works and what doesn't work, but none of them get back to the public and all of them are eventually destroyed. Looking forward to getting my new EB mags!

·
Premium Member
20,377 Posts
I prefer flush fit mags for carry. Trying to shove 8 rounds into a mag meant for seven is not for me. The vast majority of malfunction issues are mag related, usually eight rounders without an extended tube.

Reactions: g26s239

·
Registered
47 Posts
I prefer flush-fit mags too; the 9mm nine round Wilson 920's have been my favorite. I had two off-brand 9mm mags that I sent in trade for two Ed Brown 9 round (flush fit) 9mm stainless mags. I'm happy with the deal, and have confidence they will work well too. You can order 7 round or 8 round .45 mags in the mag exchange program.

Added: I mailed my two off-brand mags for the trade on 14 Feb 21. The two new EB mags arrived via UPS on 27 Feb 21. They came with both thin and thick base pads (with screws) although they can be used flush with no base pad. They appear to be very sturdy and look similar in design to the Wilson 920. Added 4 Mar 21: I used the EB mags at the range for about 36 round each without incident. They are in the regular rotation from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts