1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Brownell's own make 8 Round Magazines for the 1911? The price is sure attractive.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm....lot of silence on this question. I got my hands on one and plan on running it later today. It looks well made, has some sort of coating on the exterior, a 'humped' follower, witness holes, and what seems like a strong spring. I'll take it apart and try to get some pictures up if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've never known the brownells to put their name on garbage. This, I'd expect them to be decent made mags. Keep us posted how it functions.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only got to shoot 50 rounds in the PC 1911 RB. Had one FTF with the first magazine - last round. After that, everything ran flawless. I wish the base pads were a little less bulky.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The follower and floorplate of the Brownell 8x.45 sure look like Metalform parts to me.
I think you're right Jim - their 45-747P magazine The magazine walls are coated with something that resembles a composite coating (black). As I said before, the price is right.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts