1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Browning Hp "T Series" Info needed

Wondering if i can get any detailed information about the Browning HP T Series.

Id like to know if the guns are worth buying as i have the opportunity to purchase one for a very low Price (A friend giving it away)

Hows the T series compare to other versions? Is it worth buying and maintaining as a houshold and personal defense sidearm?

The gun itself when inspected looks to be in fine condition, no worn marks or scratches. The picture is poor quality and the flash makes for the hazey part of the shot but im hoping any significant design features will help to identify the weapon more, like the round hammer/ color wood grips.

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/1410011_BROWNINGHP.bmp.html

Any information that would convince me to buy the weapon would be appreciated, i like the style of these weapons, and what ive read tells me thier one of the best pistols ever produced.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The "T" series BHP was allegedly the high water mark for fit and finish. They are grand old pistols. I have two which I shoot on occasion. I can't advise rather you should purchase or not. However, They ain't making them anymore.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If it shoots, buy it. I love the T series guns. I have recently paided 475 for a shooter with a good bit of finish wear on the side and up to 650 for a near mint one. These are well crafted guns. They sometimes need work to shoot hollow points and need to limit use of +p shooting in these older forged frames. From the picture, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
No, don't buy it! Now, how can I get in contact with your friend? :)
Just kidding.
The T series are fine weapons and in the condition that you describe are somewhat hard to find for a low price. From the picture, it looks to be in very good shape. I say buy it now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gray finish FN High Power..........

Folks,

I have a superb FN High Power I'm assuming is a T series (1987 era). Maybe you can help. This particular weapon has a gray phosphate finish that I was told was a factory finish of that era. I was also advised that these "gray" finished weapons were the choice for engraving. I have a photo available if someone would be interested.

Any comments? Just curious.

Thanks,

HiVelocity in SC My e-mail is: [email protected]:rock:

·
Premium Member
15,741 Posts
'87 is way past the 'T' era. Somebody else had a Parkerized Browning on here recently and it was some military contract or other.

·
Premium Member
11,669 Posts
HiVelocity said:
...I have a superb FN High Power I'm assuming is a T series (1987 era)...
The first digit of a T series serial number is T... If your gun was made in 87, the serial number should start with 245PRxxxxx. 245 is the code for commercial guns (usually) and the two letters indicate year of manufacture. Starting with Z and going backwards to M, omitting O, Q, S and U.
Z=1, Y=2, X=3 ..... M=0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts