1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 727 Posts

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the latest Nappen seminar tonight. Official title of it was, "Supreme Court, NYSRPA v. Bruen: How It Impacts Your State's Gun Laws". I'll give you the bad news first. NJ is bent on taking liberties with the most extreme gun laws in the nation. Some state goes off the deep end, Murphy thinks it's his job to top it. So tomorrow, Thursday, October 13 he will hold a news conference at noon to expand carry restrictions. Details are not fully available yet. ANJRPC will have them on their site later in the day. Here's what I have:

More "sensitive" places.
No carry on property you don't own without the property owner's expressed permission. Private or commercial.
Changes to application process.
Hefty, and I mean really hefty, fee increase.
Insurance and proof of insurance.
No carry in a vehicle.
Training requirements increased.

That's all I know right now about that. There will be immediate legal challenges as soon as these are inacted. Justice Thomas in his majority opinion called 2A restrictions civil rights violations. That's a federal crime. Government individuals can be held responsible for civil rights violations. Even judges. That's all about that until the news conference. They are trying to create obstacles to nullify Bruen. There are other things that came up. I'll post them later. Let this soak in.

· Registered
6,903 Posts
Well until the people of NJ get together en masse and ignore these things like having a peaceful open carry rally nothing will change. 100k New Jerseyians need to go walk around in front of Murphys home middle finger in the air. No different than nyc.
But they keep letting lord Murphy have his way with them.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Admin moved the thread here and I approve that. Here's a few more things that Nappen touched on. Those restrictions also apply to people who had carry permits before Bruen. The new restrictions may also change how they do RPOs and security guards. Ocean County has added another judge to help with permit approval due to volume. He is applying no restrictions. Other judge is applying every restriction she can think of. Crap shoot who you get. All this may change after the noontime news conference. Bergen County still very bad. If a judge calls you in for a personal interview Nappen said you are better off withdrawing your application. They came up with a technical error in your application that you didn't know about or think about and will nail you for falsifying the app. Withdraw and reapply until things blow over. Bergen only so far. Pre 1968 anything without a serial number is a second degree felony. Flintlock, .22, anything. Covert guns are illegal in NJ. Those ones that look like credit cards or cell phones. Old time cane guns. One final thing, if you go to an out of state gun show ( Allentown, Oaks, for ex. ) Murphy has patrols in the parking lot looking for Jersey plates. They are stopping cars at the border or waiting at your house for you. I don't know what happens after that.

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Thanks Wildbob for posting.
The fact that existing licensed to carry people would also be negatively impacted should help with an already outrageous and ignorant intentions of Murphy.
One can only hope that if this dangerous nonsense gets somehow legislated into law here, that the filing for an injunction is already written And waiting to be filed immediately As they did in NY.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ANJRPC alerted Nappen about this news conference on his way to the seminar. They are already working on it. He says as soon as it is official they'll file an injunction to stop it. His next podcast should be interesting.

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Side note: anecdotally, 2 other colleagues of mine approached me in the last week asking about ‘how to’ apply for their FID cards for them to obtain home defense handguns. I don’t think either have ever fired a handgun.
With all the violent crime going on all over, people don’t seem to be backing down from wanting to be able to protect themselves and their families.

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
If these ongoing actions by our state officials meet the criteria as civil rights violations as per Justice Thomas’ opinion and decision in Bruen; Then, start filing whatever the appropriate suits would be against whoever it applies to, Murphy, judges et al.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Side note: anecdotally, 2 other colleagues of mine approached me in the last week asking about ‘how to’ apply for their FID cards for them to obtain home defense handguns. I don’t think either have ever fired a handgun.
With all the violent crime going on all over, people don’t seem to be backing down from wanting to be able to protect themselves and their families.
There's a training requirement in place for new FID applicants. State police website should by now have it up. Another obsticle.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If these ongoing actions by our state officials meet the criteria as civil rights violations as per Justice Thomas’ opinion and decision in Brunen; Then, start filing whatever the appropriate suits would be against whoever it applies to, Murphy, judges et al.
Yep. Remember in my other post that a state assemblyman once told me that they routinely pass legislation that they know is unconstitutional. This was at a pro 2A meeting 14 years ago and he claimed to be a 2A advocate. I forget his name and I don't know if he is still in office. He was from Morris County.

· Premium Member
15,048 Posts
Thanks for the great summary Wildbob!

Well, in Ocean County that is a great improvement if the newly appointed Judge is issuing permits without restrictions. Really good news...Some one posted on the NJGF that he is Pro-2A, I think this news from Nappin confirms as such.

It might be the best thing for us (in a way) that Murphy is in essence compiling the entire lunacy of all the County Judges (who are not following the law) and then some into one bundle of crap which ANJRPC and all of us through donations and political action at one time and with full force will beat. I think it will be easier to beat this in one fell swoop as a bundle especially that it would impact all counties equally if put into law (which should motivate all gun owners here to dig deep into pockets and do everything else ANJRPC asks in support).

This is the "Empire Strikes Back" phase, but we will beat them in the not so distant future.

Keep the Faith!
C.A.

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
There's a training requirement in place for new FID applicants. State police website should by now have it up. Another obsticle.
I’ve told more than a few people over the last few years to go take a safety/handling/shooting class. Then go shoot!
Governmental over reach is never the answer.

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve told more than a few people over the last few years to go take a safety/handling/shooting class. Then go shoot!
Governmental over reach is never the answer.
I have a feeling they are going to see that you are trained and then use that training against you in a court case for a defensive shooting.

· Premium Member
15,048 Posts
Ocean County has added another judge to help with permit approval due to volume. He is applying no restrictions. Other judge is applying every restriction she can think of. Crap shoot who you get.
Wildbob, someone reported on the NJGF last week that in Ocean the NEW judge was appointed to handle all permit applications that are approved...And the OLD Judge just handle only permits-A. that are denied. This is what the court-clerk told him.

I never quite full understood the clerk's statement as it doesn't explain who determines which "batch" the new application goes in.

Do you have any other notes on this matter as to what exactly Nappen meant? Is he in fact saying both judges have the same role but the permit load is being split (more or less) 50-50%?

Thanks

· Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nappen said they will split the approvals. I used to be on NJGF about 12 or so years ago. I got off it because they were spreading rumor as fact. I don't see much of that on this site. That's why I signed up.

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Regardless of the county or judge, there needs to be some parity in how the applications are being considered. Otherwise, there will be judges declaring certain counties, gun free zones,
which is subjective and ludicrous.

· Registered
1,194 Posts
The problem with using court challenges to redress routine gov't violation of the constitution is it is playing wack a mole, the government will just keep doing it. The idea of court challenges makes sense for exceptions, not routine policy. The problem is the routine policy position of these gov't people is to violate the constitution willy nilly.

· Premium Member
15,048 Posts
That is true, but that is how it is done in what's left of the America we grew up in...The alternative is to do something foolish like march on Murphy's capital peacefully protesting and carrying with no carry permits. Murphy will just love that, he can lock-up all the gun owners there in one batch, charge them with felonies and after they are convicted they can never have a gun ANYWHERE in the USA!!

Nope, not a good way to go...Yep, we have to do the dance, and lets not loose sight of how far we have come, many counties are issuing unrestricted permits 100% - viola!...Some counties restricted permits - that is still a swag of 50% more than we had as far as what is legal here.

We have come a long way Baby in just a few months...We will get much further there after we strike down most of Murphy's new restrictions...And yea, lefty will make another attempt, but it be weaker the next time, and the time after, ad infinitum, until it becomes virtually meaningless.

· Premium Member
15,048 Posts
The AG can't do anything at this point, I am very grateful that he went against his party's dogma and followed the SC ruling within 24 hours with an AG-Order to drop justifiable need requirement...His chain of responsibility is doing the right thing too, the NJS-Troopers and almost all of the PD'mets...Right now some of the Judges are the problem, the AG has no control over them at all, entirely different branch of government.

As far as Murphy, all the AG can do is advise him, Murphy is his boss and is going to follow the Lefty Dogma, I don't think anyone should be surprised this was coming.

Most of the Lefty proposals will be overturned. We will win the SC ruling gave us so many tools to do so.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts