1911Forum banner
621 - 640 of 669 Posts

· Registered
9,786 Posts
If we ever get to prevail in the mag ban case; it will be interesting to see if capacities are made irrelevant and unconstitutional or it goes back to 15.
You've seen those vids where the guy can swap 10rnd mags very fast, and then claims there's no diff between a 10rnd mag and a 30rnd mag, because if you ban 30rnd'ers you can swap 10rnd mags very fast, so banning 10+ does nothing.

Super bad video for Pro2A side. If one side claims they hate the 10+rnd mags (for whatever reason the dumbs claim) , and the other side argues "makes no diff", then the logic flows "if it makes no diff, then 10+'s are not needed".

The real answer has to be, in self defense situations (intruder, bear or lion attack, etc) 10 rnds may not stop the threat, and having to fumble a new mag back into the rifle may not go as planned.

Reactions: Plantar5

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
You've seen those vids where the guy can swap 10rnd mags very fast, and then claims there's no diff between a 10rnd mag and a 30rnd mag, because if you ban 30rnd'ers you can swap 10rnd mags very fast, so banning 10+ does nothing.

Super bad video for Pro2A side. If one side claims they hate the 10+rnd mags (for whatever reason the dumbs claim) , and the other side argues "makes no diff", then the logic flows "if it makes no diff, then 10+'s are not needed".

The real answer has to be, in self defense situations (intruder, bear or lion attack, etc) 10 rnds may not stop the threat, and having to fumble a new mag back into the rifle may not go as planned.
in addition to that, Any ‘standard’ magazine capacity can’t and shouldn’t be randomly regulated or changed and is irrelevant when in the hands of law abiding gun owners.

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
Not sure I remember it right but I got the impression that NJ was relying on a case in another state to set the national standard against mag cap limits.

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Not sure I remember it right but I got the impression that NJ was relying on a case in another state to set the national standard against mag cap limits.
We were already at 15, which by itself stopped me from buying certain pistols 5-7 yrs ago Since they the standard mag cap was 17. Gun manufacturers were not making 10 round magazines At that time. With a 10 round limit, it reminds me of the Andy Griffith Show, where Barney was only allowed to have One boolitt..!..:ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
I don't think the people who make these laws have a real feel about how many shots it takes to stop an active, aggressive rush by an assailant. The Hollywood effect. Then factor in that there will probably be more than one of them.

· Registered
9,786 Posts
I don't think the people who make these laws have a real feel about how many shots it takes to stop an active, aggressive rush by an assailant. The Hollywood effect. Then factor in that there will probably be more than one of them.
Soon enough they'll try to get everyone down to a single shot shotgun, and then say the 12ga is too powerful and limit it to 20ga or smaller.

It's all absurd, it all has to go. Call those lawyers and demand they pull some craft out of their pockets. ;)

Reactions: Crab Boy

· Registered
115 Posts
If were being judged on the same qualifications as law enforcement when we get a carry permit in NJ how is it we're not qualified to use the same equipment (10+) round mags. Here's the BS the lawyers need to harp on. If we're being forced to qualify with an FBI Q target with the same standards then we're assumed to be responsible. Most important at the moment of course is putting Murphy's Law back where it came from.

· Registered
9,786 Posts
If were being judged on the same qualifications as law enforcement when we get a carry permit in NJ how is it we're not qualified to use the same equipment (10+) round mags. Here's the BS the lawyers need to harp on. If we're being forced to qualify with an FBI Q target with the same standards then we're assumed to be responsible. Most important at the moment of course is putting Murphy's Law back where it came from.
Now flip all that logic over, it has nothing to do with being a responsible gun owner, it has to do with stopping firearms, attacking 2A any way they can.

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Shooting quals doesn’t cost Active LE anything either. At a point, it all starts to add up. Don’t kid yourselves, lawyers won’t mind an insurance mandate. It will give them another pot of gold to go after. Who came up with the number $300k? What is that based on? Nope, don’t like it one bit.

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
Next thing they will make available an uninsured gun policy rider for people who don't carry but walk around in public and could be injured. I'm half kidding, but ?

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
Looks like the next hearing on the NY case is March 30. If we follow the same timeline in NJ figure mid April.

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #632 ·
Forget I said that. This just in:

January 19, 2023. The judge in the consolidated lawsuit challenging New Jersey's carry-killer law has scheduled oral argument of ANJRPC's motion for a restraining order blocking the law for Thursday, January 26, 2023. There are unlikely to be new developments in the case before then.

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Forget I said that. This just in:

January 19, 2023. The judge in the consolidated lawsuit challenging New Jersey's carry-killer law has scheduled oral argument of ANJRPC's motion for a restraining order blocking the law for Thursday, January 26, 2023. There are unlikely to be new developments in the case before then.
Thanks for the update Wildbob. There’s no valid reason to let this case get stale. While I wish the NY case well, I didn’t want to see our case in NJ waiting to see how the NY case goes.
I’d rather see the ANJRPC case lead the way.

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 ·
Thanks for the update Wildbob. There’s no valid reason to let this case get stale. While I wish the NY case well, I didn’t want to see our case in NJ waiting to see how the NY case goes.
I’d rather see the ANJRPC case lead the way.
We won't have an SC Justice in the way at the end like NY has so we skirt that road block delay.

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
Nappen 117 is up. Nothing much about the case until next week. He dresses police ignorance of gun laws and the insurance requirement of the doomed law.

Evan Nappen 21:20
The problem with the liability insurance requirement that’s found in the anti-civil rights bill is that no insurance company can actually write the insurance that it demands. Because the insurance companies are currently taking a position that insurance requires them to insure intentional acts. Insurance companies don’t insure intentional acts, they insure negligence, things like that – not intentional acts.

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
AC is on a role on GFH. I’ve said before, that FID and pistol purchase permitting process should be gone, especially once you’ve gone through the LTC process, because obviously they’re redundant. According to Colandro, those items are on the table also. Wouldn’t it be good and JUST for us to become more like Va, Pa? Drivers license and NICS is All we should be required to do to purchase a handgun. The ridiculous fee increases are also being challenged which is good. Holster strap requirements are apparently gone, which is good. (and I have one on order).

· Premium Member
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
I thought both those were very informative. I wasn't expecting that much because we are in the "in between" week, but these were very good.

· Premium Member
8,979 Posts
Definately informative and helpful on both podcasts.
There’s Sooo much for Judge Bumb to sort through. I laughed at the fact that the states attorney has apparently been replaced because she went on record in saying Bumb “got it wrong” in the other case 1-2 weeks ago.…oops!

621 - 640 of 669 Posts