1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just curious if anyone owns one of the Strider designed Buck knives? If so, how is the overall fit and finish? Durability? Asking because I am looking at these as a low cost alternative too a real Strider folder at $400 plus. I know the Bucks will be no where near the quality of the actual Striders, but I am curious and am thinking about one. Regards to any and all that answer.

Scott

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Buck Striders are great bang for the buck haha knifes. Dont think that you cant get a real strider folder for less than $400 though. I just saw a near mint strider pt folder going for $275 on another forum.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i own the and small buck/strider 881-sp spear point
and the large 880sp they are the best bang for your buck,yea there around 100.00 bucks but for what you get there worth it.and the blades are stamped with the strider logo.as folders go i recommend them.:rock:

·
Registered
514 Posts
seabass said:
Buck Striders are great bang for the buck haha knifes. Dont think that you cant get a real strider folder for less than $400 though. I just saw a near mint strider pt folder going for $275 on another forum.
bass i just wish i could get a strider mark-1a,now thats a lot of aluminmun cans!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I have one of the Buck Strider Tarani folders, and it's a good serviceable knife. I'm not a huge fan of liner locks, but the one on this knife is pretty stout. I could live without the serrations on the blade, but that's the only way it's offered AFAIK.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I just received a Strider Buck Military Folder 889 with the OD scales and I like it a lot. I haven't bought a "tactical" folder for a few years (Benchmades, Spydercos, Emersons) and I was pleasantly surprised to see that this knife compared favorably with ones that had cost twice as much a few years back. It's beefy and quite solidly built, and there was no play with the blade in the open position. The scale texturing seems to have the same amount of traction as some of my G10 folders, and the 420HC steel seems more than adequate for my intended uses (hunting, fishing, camping, film crew work). The black oxide finish wasn't all that pretty, but I figure it's a tool. I've also stuck a nickel under the clip to loosen it up a little. For about $53 out the door, I'm hard pressed to think of a better value.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everyone,
Thank you all for the input. I ended up going with a Buck-Strider Tarani designed B882-SBTG-0 Police model with G-10 handles. A real solid knife and pretty easy to carry. So far my only compaint is that the G-10 handles tend to drag on my pants pocket when pulling it out. With time I will get used to it.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.