1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the “Build it Yourself” section is gone, do us amateurs ask questions in the Gunsmithing section? And can we do it without getting flamed?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yep, post in the Gunsmithing section. Amateur or professional makes no difference anymore - except perhaps in the results!

·
3,000 Posts
The Build it Yourself forum was removed due to a lot of overlap and duplicate threads between it and the gunsmithing forum. I also think the gunsmithing forum gets more traffic and your questions may get more/better answers there.

I can't remember who said it, but someone said "gunsmithing is gunsmithing, it's just the result that is different." I agree entirely with that comment and think that all of us can benefit by sharing ideas in the same forum.

By all means, ask your questions in the gunsmithing forum without fear of being flamed. The purpose of the board is to share information and help each other enjoy the 1911. Many valuable threads have grown from questions asked by gunsmiths and non-professionals alike. I think some of those who would chastize an amatuer for asking questions are gone and I don't expect the remaining crowd to behave in such a manner...I think we have a good group of people hanging out here.

I think this is a very positive change and hopefully it will work as intended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts