1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
CD says January. How many times have I heard "The guns will be available next month". I predicted back in April it would be January before we saw any. Their website says the BULs have shipped. If you are going to hold your breath better dial 911 first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Charles Daly M-5

The first shipments of Daly M-5s from BUL has indeed arrived. It's quite a lot of gun for the money. It will take another couple of weeks before they hit the distributors. We just need to get the manual to and from the printers. Our first shipment is only of the Government model, but it's nicer than the one we showed at SHOT Show last year. These Government models all have ramped, tappered bull barrels and full length guide rods.

I would expect to be shipping to our wholesale distributors mid to late January and then on the dealers shelves shortly after that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Casey,

Any idea when the BUL M5's will be certified for sale in California?

Also, do you know if these BUL's use the same magazines as the CD DDA?

Thanks,

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Charles Daly M-5 will not accept DDA Mags. However they will accept Para Ordnance mags. As for California Certification, we will be seeking approval in the near future.

As for the IPSC Model, no news yet, but I'm checking with the factory and will let you know what they tell me.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Casey, Saul Kirsch had told me the new BULs would take SVI mags, not Para mags, without modification. Is this correct or incorrect? I know I have been giving you guys a hard time, but I have been waiting for 9 months for a BUL. The Government model in .40 is the one I want.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Just got off the phone with CD today. Looks like there are no .40s in the first batch. Was told the first 100 guns are .45. Maybe I am missing something here. It seems to me there is a pent up demand for a low cost, quality .40. There is no way I am going to pay $1,800+ for a STI/SVI. I think they are way over priced.
Heck, I would buy an Armscor hi-cap in .40 if they were available. Maybe they will have some .40s in before too long.

I see little use for a wide body .45. I sometimes wonder how in tune to the buying public these gun manufacturers/importers are.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Re: Charles Daly M-5

Casey Clifford said:
I would expect to be shipping to our wholesale distributors mid to late January and then on the dealers shelves shortly after that.
There it goes again! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Joe D said:
Just got off the phone with CD today. Looks like there are no .40s in the first batch. Was told the first 100 guns are .45. Maybe I am missing something here. It seems to me there is a pent up demand for a low cost, quality .40. There is no way I am going to pay $1,800+ for a STI/SVI. I think they are way over priced.
Heck, I would buy an Armscor hi-cap in .40 if they were available. Maybe they will have some .40s in before too long.

I see little use for a wide body .45. I sometimes wonder how in tune to the buying public these gun manufacturers/importers are.
Hi, do you know if the dovetail of rear sights is same at IPSC model (with adjustable sights) and Government model? I would like change adjustable instead unmoved.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Joe D said:
Casey, Saul Kirsch had told me the new BULs would take SVI mags, not Para mags, without modification. Is this correct or incorrect? I know I have been giving you guys a hard time, but I have been waiting for 9 months for a BUL. The Government model in .40 is the one I want.
My Frist generation Bul M5 IPSC model w

·
Registered
364 Posts
bulm5 said:
My Frist generation Bul M5 IPSC model w
Opps, push the wrong button, Lets try this again, My First generation Bul M5 IPSC .40 cal model will take SV mags without any mods. Surprisingly with the para mag catch from rescomp.

·
Registered
53 Posts
m-5 & DDA

Per BUL/Transmark, the DDA will take M-5 mags, but they will extend past the DDA frame.

Now, Where does one get extra M5 mags? CD doesn't list them in accessories yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts