1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, across the water!

I'm asking this from germany.

Does anybody have a somewhat deeper expirience with the Bul M5 .45ACP?

I'vo got a very good offer, but don't know anything 'bout this gun.

C yer

Mike

------------------
Together we stand, divided we fall!

(taken from Pink Floyd The Wall)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mike,

I recently (about three weeks ago) bought a BUL M-5 Gov't pistol. I love it. Beautiful gun (mine has the hard-chromed slide) and shoots great. Quite a bit cheaper than Kimber's Polymer, but it's actually the same gun, as Kimber gets their frames (for their Polymer pistol) from BUL, and BUL buys their uppers from Kimber!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. BTW, the URL for BUL is:
http://www.bultransmark.com

If you click on "Special BUL Pistols and Items", you'll find a short video clip of a BUL M-5 that was modified to fire full auto - what a kick!

Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mike,
Sounds like Rob has the same Bul M5 I do!
I've had my Bul M5 Gov. for about a month and have fired it every weekend. Very accurate, fits the hand well, & and holds 10 +1. No misfires or feed issues, great out of the box! I talked to ISA and you can by a para ordinace release and then can use para mags for the 14+1. One of the guys at my club has a Kimber poly - looks same only the logos are different and he had the black finished slide. Will use mine for first time in IDPA event on 10/21. Have a P220, customized Colt 1911 , and the Bul is now my favorite, maybe cause it's new, other two are great pistols too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by rinoray:
Mike,
Sounds like Rob has the same Bul M5 I do!
I've had my Bul M5 Gov. for about a month and have fired it every weekend. Very accurate, fits the hand well, & and holds 10 +1. No misfires or feed issues, great out of the box! I talked to ISA and you can by a para ordinace release and then can use para mags for the 14+1. One of the guys at my club has a Kimber poly - looks same only the logos are different and he had the black finished slide. Will use mine for first time in IDPA event on 10/21. Have a P220, customized Colt 1911 , and the Bul is now my favorite, maybe cause it's new, other two are great pistols too.

Have you actually tried the Para-Ord mag release trick? Which model Para does one specify when ordering the correct mag release? Inquiring minds want to know!

Rob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi folks!

Many thanks so far!

I think, i'm going to test the BUL.

To tell you 'bout my current favoured pistol (not a 1911):

I own a H&K USP Expert 9mm Para.
(The 18 round mag, the only thing, where we in GY got the only advance in gun-issues)
It's been used for dynamic pistol-shooting contests. I do about 500-750 Rounds a week in exercising and it never jammed a single time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have not ordered yet, letting $$$ build up. Last time I talked to Doron Madomy @ ISD, he indcated that they had a Bul para mag release for $49 and could be used with the hi cap variety. Again have not ordered. Spent my $ on adjustable sites and magwell, making a 45 IPSC version. Sweet gun!

ISD
Doron Madomy
310-442-5540
nice guy and knows product

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have not ordered yet, letting $$$ build up. Last time I talked to Doron Madomy @ ISD, he indcated that they had a Bul para mag release for $49 and could be used with the hi cap variety. Again have not ordered. Spent my $ on adjustable sites and magwell, making a 45 IPSC version. Sweet gun!

ISD
Doron Madomy
310-442-5540
nice guy and knows product

Does your BUL allow the standard magazines to 'drop free' when released? Mine wont' drop when the slide locks back, but with the slide forward, they drop ok. These are the standard blue mags that came with the gun. I've ordered three of the poli-chrome mags - maybe they'll work better?

Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rob,
I just went down to the basement and checked on your question. Yes, the blue mags for my Bul M5 gov-model drop in either position (slide forward or locked back). Mag release ok? - I would call Doron and get his opinion.
Seems to me they would drop free in either position. My range buddy indicated his Bul IPSC drops in either mode.
Regards,

Mike,
Sounds like the HK Expert 9mm is a nice one.
I have fired the Expert 45 - wow it was nice, just liked the ergonomics of the Bul M5 better.
Good Luck & Great Shootin!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rob,
I just went down to the basement and checked on your question. Yes, the blue mags for my Bul M5 gov-model drop in either position (slide forward or locked back). Mag release ok? - I would call Doron and get his opinion.
Seems to me they would drop free in either position. My range buddy indicated his Bul IPSC drops in either mode.
Regards,

Mike,
Sounds like the HK Expert 9mm is a nice one.
I have fired the Expert 45 - wow it was nice, just liked the ergonomics of the Bul M5 better.
Good Luck & Great Shootin!

Mike,

Could you check your BUL magazines and see if they have a "-A-" (without the quotes) stamped on them? What I think I've discovered is that magazines without the -A- will not drop free, while magazines with the -A- do drop free.

BTW, Doron at ISA is clueless about this - he wants me to deal directly with the factory in Israel!

Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rob,
rinoray here!
Mike,

Could you check your BUL magazines and see if they have a "-A-" (without the quotes) stamped on them? What I think I've
discovered is that magazines without the -A- will not drop free, while magazines with the -A- do drop free.

BTW, Doron at ISA is clueless about this - he wants me to deal directly with the factory in Israel!

I checked my mags as you indicated and the only indication stampings are .45 acp. Nothing in quotes, so maybe the - A - thing is correct. If so good catch!
Let me know!
Thanks!
rinory

[This message has been edited by rinoray (edited 11-01-2000).]

·
Registered
73 Posts
rinoray (Mike),

Just got an email back from the BUL factory regarding my magazine problem - here's the email:

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your email, and for choosing our product. Sorry to hear you are having some problems with the mags not dropping.
The markings “A” on some of the tubes, mean nothing, other than that those mags are of a certain batch that was made for a specific customer, hence marked. There are made with the same dimensions as the others.
The mags are probably sticking in the gun at the upper end of the lips, just touching the side of the steel insert of the frame. This can easily be corrected. What I would recommend is this:
disassemble your mags, remove all inner parts. Place the tube in the gun, and see that it too will stick in place. Just to make sure it’s not catching somewhere in the bottom part, plastic base pad.
Remove the tube.
Using a rubber hammer, place the mag lip on a flat surface, and hit the opposite lip of the mag with the hammer, in the direction that will close the lips up. reverse the mag, and repeat on the other side, other lip. Don’t hit the mag hard. Just a few gentle taps. You will not see a visible change, but the lips will close just a fraction, and you should see an immediate improvement when you place that same mag back in the frame. just that little bit of closing the lips will be all that is needed to let the mags drop free.
try this, and let me know how it turns out.
saul

Best Regards,

Saul Kirsch

Marketing & Sales Manager
BUL TRANSMARK LTD
Phone : +972-3-6392911
Fax : +972-3-6874853
Email : [email protected]
Snail mail: 10 Rival St, Tel Aviv 67778, Israel
Web Site: http://www.bultransmark.com
“IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED - ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE THEM”

I recently bought two poli-chrome mags, and sure enough, they did NOT have the "-A-" stamping, but after performing the 'magic' Saul outlined, they both work flawlessly. I'll be performing the same trick with my blue mags also.

Not bad support for a company that resides in 'war-torn' Israel, huh?

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts