1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the new Sig's GSR when it comes out or a custom built 1911, so I am doing some 1911 research. What are the pros & cons between bull barrel w/ integrated feed ramp vs. standard barrel w/ bushing ?

Which is more accurate & feeds more reliably, ect..

Also, is there a 1911 builder out there that makes 1911s w/ Caspian Recon frame & slide w/ external extractor w/ bull barrel ?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
If you are planning to play the gun games, a bushing barrel will give you more flexibility as to what type of game you might wanna play into.
Bull barrel adds weight to the front of the gun, hence, it helps in recoil control to a point. That's all the advantage I can think of.
As for feed ramps, if you are planning on a .45 ACP 1911, a standard barrel (non-ramped) is all you need, IMO. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Bull barrels just tend to add weight to the gun to help in recoil management..

Haven;t seen much difference in accuracy with either a bushing gun or bull barrel gun..I have had STI/SV guns..one with a tungsten sleeved bull barrel and one with a standard bushing and both shot well and were reliable..

if you are planning a 45..the ramped barrel is not necessary..

I would think any gunsmith with a credible reputation could build up a nice guns using the caspian recon frame, and caspian external extractor slide.. sounds like a good project..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts