1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been intrigued by the Tactical Elite for quite some time now, but I have a question for all those of you who own it. Have you shot the pistol comparing it to another pistol with a bull bbl.?
I have a CQB and a SA TRP Operator and I love them both. The thing I like the most about the Operator is it's extra weight up front. Follow up shots come very fast with that pistol. I assume that a Tac Elite feels and shoots in a similar fashion.
I noticed that Wilson's will install a bull barrel (what they call a tactical barrel) for $260. If I did that to my CQB that would be a heck of a lot less money than buying a Tac Elite. I know that the TE has a lot more going on than just the bbl but wouldn't it shoot and feel about the same?
Has anyone out there done a head to head with a Tactical Elite and any other gun with a bull barrel. If so did they feel the same?
I realize that the the Tactical Elite is at another level of "lovin" than the CQB but as far as just plain function wouldn't a CQB with a bull bbl shoot about the same?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
C:
Actually, the Tac Elite has a little more weight up front than a CQB with a bull barrel. The Bull Barrel install on the CQB will stick out about 1/8 of an inch. On the Tac Elite, the barrel sticks out about the same amount except it has a steel blast shield welded around it and cut to match the contours of the slide. Both are guaranteed to shoot 1" at 25 yards. For those of you who are curious on how it looks...here is a couple of samples for you. One installed in a CQB, and the other in a KZ-45.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Those are great pics. That is exactly what I think I'm going to do with my CQB. I realize the TE has a blast sheild on it but does that do anything other than add some more weight and give the pistol a more "finished" look?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
C:
Not really...just aesthetics. On these two pistols, I also had them install the #25RG - Full-Length Guide Rod with reverse plug.

·
Registered
462 Posts
cclemen,

Just remember that if you go with a bull barrel setup, your gun won't be IDPA legal (The Tactical Elite isn't IDPA legal either).

Aside that, you'll probably have better control on follow up shots (because of the heavier front end).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts