1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been intrigued by the Tactical Elite for quite some time now, but I have a question for all those of you who own it. Have you shot the pistol comparing it to another pistol with a bull bbl.?
I have a CQB and a SA TRP Operator and I love them both. The thing I like the most about the Operator is it's extra weight up front. Follow up shots come very fast with that pistol. I assume that a Tac Elite feels and shoots in a similar fashion.
I noticed that Wilson's will install a bull barrel (what they call a tactical barrel) for $260. If I did that to my CQB that would be a heck of a lot less money than buying a Tac Elite. I know that the TE has a lot more going on than just the bbl but wouldn't it shoot and feel about the same?
Has anyone out there done a head to head with a Tactical Elite and any other gun with a bull barrel. If so did they feel the same?
I realize that the the Tactical Elite is at another level of "lovin" than the CQB but as far as just plain function wouldn't a CQB with a bull bbl shoot about the same?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Those are great pics. That is exactly what I think I'm going to do with my CQB. I realize the TE has a blast sheild on it but does that do anything other than add some more weight and give the pistol a more "finished" look?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.