1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Bulman Gunleather site. Looks good! Anyone have a Bulman holster? What's a good concealed carry model? I don't think I've seen any comments on this forum. Is that good or bad?
les

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have several Bulman holsters--one each of the FBS (with extension on the body side) for Browining Hi-Power in 9mm and .40S&W, and a 1911. I primarily use them for IDPA and they have been excellent.

The leather, while thin, is very stiff and holds the gun very tight (especially when new). Like Kydex, once you draw the gun about 1/4 inch the holster lets go and the rest of the draw is easy. They stay open so one-handed re-holstering is a snap. Each holster is molded (boned) to a specific model of gun -- the 9mm and .40S&W Hi-Powers are NOT interchangeable for example.

The dual mag pouches I also purchased are similar. I also bought an IWB model for a 1911. Although the workmanship is excellent, I have not used it enough to decide how it compares to other models or brands.

I received my holsters about 2 to 3 months after ordering. This is a pretty good turn-around time for holsters that are made to order.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a FBS, mag holder and belt for a Witness 45 from Josh right after christmas last year. I received three beautiful pieces of leatherwork in less than a month. Bulman Gunleather is as good as any you'll find. Give him a call. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had just been looking at the site and the letters of satisified customers. Of course, he's not going to put letters of dissatisfied customers on his site. I do more reading than speaking on this forum but I just hadn't heard his holsters mentioned. Maybe I missed it. Anyway, I was looking under his new procucts and like the looks of the QFDSquick forward drop scabbard model. What do you think? I really appreciate your responses.
Thanks,
Les

1 - 5 of 5 Posts