1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this at pistolsmith.com
one of the nicest 1911's i have ever seen. guns like this make it too bad its has to be carried concealed

enjoy

[This message has been edited by Shay (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Registered
562 Posts
TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!! What kind of finish? And what did you do to the top of the slide?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Wow! That is as good as they can look...how does it shoot?

------------------
NRA, USPSA, IDPA and MCRGO member
http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~bchamber/10mm.html

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Not just the gun itself. I have to say that you also have a talent in photography, especially the last one with the mulch background. Good thinking.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Beautiful, simplitistic clean lines. It looks very sharp but in my very humble opinion, the stippling ontop the slide takes away from the rest of the gun.

Is that a hard chrome finish?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks great.. It is funny how a weapon can express our likes and dislike and personalities... One mans treasure is another mans junk.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by fremont:
Pretty....but IMO a gun that nice, clean and classic-looking shouldn't have a base pad hanging out of it.

[This message has been edited by Shay (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
865 Posts
Eat your heart out guys, while taking my Commander to Dane for some work, I got to see this pistol up close. WOW! Pictures just don't do the pistol justice. Those ivory grips are incredible.

The top of the slide really looks good, Son and it is a stainless Series 70.

If only it were for sale........

·
Registered
195 Posts
What kind of basepad is that in the first pics? I like it, it matches the stainless steel finish and is lower profile than the #47D mags.

Who makes it, and where can I get em'?

SBLars

·
Registered
437 Posts
SBLars,

The basepad is a Wilson low profile steel unit. Dane posted on his website that he has them hard chromed.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Originally posted by Cactus:
The top of the slide really looks good, Son and it is a stainless Series 70.
Opinions will always vary. That's one beauty to this hobby. Obviously, we can agree to differ. I think top of slide serrations would've looked a lot better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts