1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to/can I use a bushing wrench on a gun with a FLGR? I'm not exactly sure how the parts fit together on this type of gun.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
You can use a bushing wrench on FLGR or non-FLGR. It makes no difference. A bushing wrench makes it easier to remove the bushing with a FLGR, because the plug doesn't have the checkered end. A FLGR plug is open (to allow the GR to travel thru it), therefore, the plug is a little harder on the thumb because of its edges.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shane is correct. I use my $3.00 plastic Wilson wrench all the time just because I bought it thinking I need it on my box stock Colt Government XSE and Office XS. I guess on a match grade fitted bushing that is tight in the slide a wrench might be of some useful help to have.
Just like Shane said the FLGR plug is a little tough on the thumb but just for a second or two and really don't constitute the use of a wrench.
To answer your question, No you don't need a wrench, but for $3.00 if you use it once it's not a bad investment to have.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yup and make sure you guide the plug/spring as you disassemble it. You do not want either hitting you in the eye.

------------------
Protect LIFE...you only have ONE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts