1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently come into some playdoe and want to do something for my toys. I'm considering a bushingless bbl for my Stainless Trophy model.

my questions are these;

1) Is there a noticeable difference in accuracy?

2) If I should ever become fickle(It HAS happened before) will this mod enhance the value or detract?

I know that we never recoup all our money and that selling a gun is a losing proposition but I don't want to make a mod like this and lose Value on the gun versus a stock piece.

Please also note that I know my place and DON'T work on my own guns I would send this off to a reputable 'smith but that's another post for another day.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
The Gold Cup is designed for accuracy. Though less effort is spent on the 80s then was spent on 70s and earlier. It is still at its peak of accuracy and reliability, as factory tuned. If you improve one, you will detract from the other. And you loose value just purchasing a new gun. It climbs in value as time goes by. And with time and a Colt, original configuration. With a 1911 it is hard to have it as a shooter and not change something. As it is a gun which many aftermarket parts are designed.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
The really early national match and even
60's National match guns were Really really nice. bottom lug of the barrel was hand fitted and they were well beyond the std gun.

If you go with a bushing barrel you can change back with out altering your gun.
I do not think other than the stamp and narrow hood of the nm barrel there is a difference. (some here may know different?)
To install a cone barrel you will need a reverse plug to retain the recoil spring. (alterign the slide)
I also have seen no evidence that the bull barrels shoot any better than the std. dia.

geo ><>

[This message has been edited by George Smith (edited 06-03-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts