1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a para expert carry, good idea or bad?

I will not depend on them if it breaks but they are so cheap was curious if it would be worth it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jump ball but it is your dime. Some days you are the bug and others you are the windshield.
I am happy with my 2 Paras a Canadian 16-40 (completely rebuilt) and a Elite Officer) however I had a P-12 Limited that was a POS and Para declared it UN FIXABLE
I think if it were me I would be looking elseware

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have one with around 2000 rounds and it has been flawless, no FTEs or FTFs. Pretty accurate considering the barrel length. It eats any ammo I've thrown at it and seems to be pretty mag tolerant as well. I haven't had any issues and glad I bought it a great gun for the money. That said I wouldn't buy one now until the ashes settle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my Carry9, after upgrading the extractor it runs great.... The spare parts, or lack of, really concerns me now though.

I'd probably pass on any Para with proprietary parts ... Not sure if that model has standard guts or para only

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have both the Black Ops single stack and Black Ops Recon. I have sent my single stack to Alchemy Custom and it is a wonderful shooter. It is definitely a great base. At this point, I couldn't care less about Para's Lifetime warranty as AC will always take care of any it may have. The Recon will eventually make it back to AC for TLC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up my first Para today and it's an Expert Carry. The gun was incredibly dirty and scratched up out of the box. The trigger is very loose and wobbly to the point I think I'll have to break it down before shooting it the first time. When I say loose I mean I can move it up and down, side to side as if it were fitted for the wrong gun. I'm not impressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts